Shall I just give up?

blueybug

Been looking for a loop for 4 weeks now, and I'm starting now to give up with the lovely sellers that has pissed me about.

Ive lost £70 on a train fare to one waste of space because after agreeing on a price he then said nar poke your offer!

I did a HPI check on a lupo to find out it was a cat D

I did one HPI on a stolen / recovered ( both cars not advertising that fact! )

Viewed a car with so called service history as the ad stated, got there he never even had a service book! ( 600 mile round trip )

Agreed on another then was told it was broke and now not selling it

Then to top it off! found one local yesterday went to view, great price, fsh etc paid him £200 to hold the car, just went there to pick it up at 7am this morning to find out that the lupo was not his to sell and after contacting the police they did'nt give a ****e I'm now 200 down!

I give up, Ive owned 39 vw's in 17 yrs Ive never ever had so much ****e trying to get a simple roundabout car.

I'm so pissed off its the first time in 17 yrs I'm now looking outside of the VW area for a car.

:(

I know the feeling, i looked for 4 months for mine and then ran outa time and had to get the runt of the litter :lol:

What model/spec are you looking for?

Anything! just got a limit on the cash, just cant get why people piss others about on sale of a car,

maybe i'm too honest and trust folk too much

I agree with Clairey (not pretty - i dont agree with!), get an arosa, more value for money, better looking and better spec.

You are really paying for the VW badge, which doesnt guarantee quality or reliability, but it does mean you will have to pay more!

Although I would say that, as I like arosas better. If it was the other way around, I would pay more too! ;) Its not all about money.

Although for £2-£2.5K you could easily get a higher mileage, early Arosa Tdi, which would make the perfect run-around (and more!) car, cheap tax, uses very little fuel, costs nothing to run and they rarely have any issues, unlike the petrols with the pedal box problems etc.

EaRNi!, Lupos are over priced for what they are. So £2K for a 1999/2000 Lupo 1.0E with 100K on the clock is a good price? I wouldnt think so! Not for a 10 year old city car- Going by autotrader adverts.

Although they do feel like a car and not a toy car to drive, unlike some city cars!

This is far more like it: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...hicleRegLetter=

Some real bargain 1.0S Mk2s to be had, i cant quite believe how cheap those are now. When i think i have only lost £250 on my TDi in 2 and a half years and 35K miles! 1.0S have dropped like a stone. However, thats is great if your buying now, as they are superb!

Or you could have this:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...cleRegLetter=51

Although, as i kept looking on autotrader, prices for 1.0S models vary hugely! Ones the same as the above are advertised for over £1000 more. So thats a bit of a bargain!

Edited by cardaft

I agree with Clairey (not pretty - i dont agree with!), get an arosa, more value for money, better looking and better spec.

You are really paying for the VW badge, which doesnt guarantee quality or reliability, but it does mean you will have to pay more!

Although I would say that, as I like arosas better. If it was the other way around, I would pay more too! ;) Its not all about money.

Although for £2-£2.5K you could easily get a higher mileage, early Arosa Tdi, which would make the perfect run-around (and more!) car, cheap tax, uses very little fuel, costs nothing to run and they rarely have any issues, unlike the petrols with the pedal box problems etc.

EaRNi!, Lupos are over priced for what they are. So £2K for a 1999/2000 Lupo 1.0E with 100K on the clock is a good price? I wouldnt think so! Not for a 10 year old city car- Going by autotrader adverts.

Although they do feel like a car and not a toy car to drive, unlike some city cars!

This is far more like it: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...hicleRegLetter=

Some real bargain 1.0S Mk2s to be had, i cant quite believe how cheap those are now. When i think i have only lost £250 on my TDi in 2 and a half years and 35K miles! 1.0S have dropped like a stone. However, thats is great if your buying now, as they are superb!

Or you could have this:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...cleRegLetter=51

Yea I looked a seat I like em alot cheaper than a loop, its the norm call em and they are sold before the advert goes on auto trader.

Its shame people piss folk about when you have cash in your hand!

Ref the £200, The address where I went to had nothing to do with the car, it was the classis (park outside the house to make it look like I live there )

The car reg that I got was from a 2000 Vauxhall Astra :( and the name on the paper work I got him to fill out to say I'd paied him the £200 did not have anything to do with the house.

I think i'm the unlucky per son in the world

£2-£2.5K

max!

People want OTT on lupo prices I looked on ebay and nearly died of laughing so much, do folk pick a price then add another zero to the end?

Here's proof that you can find one for sub £2000.

Keep looking.

The guy I bought mine from was a genuine enthusiast when it came to VW's but didn't want to do any modifying so I got a totally standard very well presented car with only 55k on the clock it was only £1550. I know I got a bargain really.

Just proof that they are out there, just takes a bit of searching! :)

I would say you're best buying a Lupo from the Auto Trader, rather than a enthusiast site like this.

You'll see more realistic prices fo sho.

Jack on here paid 2.5k for a nice clean Arosa TDi from a dealers. Bargain car.

i have a Lupo 1.4 16V E

W reg (year 2000)

96K (off the top of my head)

The alloys you usually see on Polo's

New clutch a few months ago

New catalystic converter end of 08

think i am the 4th owner off the top of my head

Quite new tyres

The blue colour (forgot the name)

Runs very well (no miss-firing, never fails to start, good fuel economy, cheap to fill up)

Now the not so good parts

Speedo lights are currently flickering (looking to fix shortly)

Locks don't work ( Getting fixed tomorrow)

Scrape on drivers side, above back wheel arch and on back bumper, also above front wheel arch

No electric windows or central locking, its all oldschool

I like my lupo, but from all the time i have spent working on my friends old renault 5, i am ever so tempted to get an old car and make it a runner. The lupo has been good to me, but silly little things keep annoying me that is why i am considering selling it on. If anyone has any interest just leave a post or P.M me.

The guy I bought mine from was a genuine enthusiast when it came to VW's but didn't want to do any modifying so I got a totally standard very well presented car with only 55k on the clock it was only £1550. I know I got a bargain really.

Just proof that they are out there, just takes a bit of searching! :)

Sounds like mine. Mint condition, 47k and only £1500. Even threw in some alloys. I'd searched for ages on autotrader etc, then found it being sold privately from a tiny garage half an hour away.

Before that I got messed around loads and had my heart set on one which turned out to be 2 stolen ones stuck together. So don't lose hope :)