How do you decide what your going to do with your car?

heartagram

I've noticed a lot of people won't go ahead with anything unless they have a photoshop of what they are planning to do. Or they have a few ideas and want a photoshop to see what it would look like / look best. I think the only thing I've ever had photoshopped to my Lupo is when I tried my E32s on but they wouldn't clear the brakes so had to take a pic of it on jacks with the wheels balanced on :lol:

Generally I think about what I want to do, get a rough image in my head and then go ahead with it. Photoshopping it never really comes into my mind. I just kind of go with the flow. I can see why people would want stuff photoshopped but I dunno, I always like imagining it and then going ahead with it and seeing the final out come. For me a photoshop would kind of ruin the stage where you are doing it and hoping it comes out like you've planned in your head!

I usually have a bit of a vision in my head of what I want the finished product to look like. Whether it looks like that in the end is debatable. I have a rough idea of what I want the G to be like but I can't photoshop the engine!

It's usually the people who use photoshop who are all talk and no action.

Don't get me started on the "what's your opinion of..." threads. :lol:

TBH i think photoshop makes matters worst, becuase half of the stuff that gets photoshoped looks so fake. i try to imagine what it will look like and just go for it :) i did ask for a photoshop once and it didnt help.

I decide what it needs and get it done. Never done any photoshops as its common sense on what works, what looks quirky, and what looks crap.

As standard the lupo gripped well but tbh the handling was sh*t, so I got coilovers, a front gti arb and jabba rear.

Saw my wheels on ebay and thought they looked like old skool mini wheels so bought them and went for tiny tyres to make them look real small.

Bought my bmc because a friend had a polo gti and I robbed his filter for a weekend and decided I could live without it.

Things just happened not planned or p.shopped.

I think p-shops great if your spending lot$ on your rims or maybe a color change, but reckon it takes some of the excitement out of it.

I personally prefer to use the creative being that is my imagination ;) although i have to admit i've used to acouple of times for wheels :lol:

I think photoshops are dangerous when it comes to wheels. Sure you get an idea of what it will look like but it doesn't take actual size, tyre size, offset, width etc into account. So you could get a mint photoshop of some wheels but because of offsets and widths they could look totally different!

I don't see what's wrong with photoshopping stuff if you can do it then do it. If you're short on cash and want to know what something's going to look like then why not? I'd have paid someone to weld up the lock and badge holes on my cabby if i hadn't done a photoshop first In reality it would've look **** on my car due to the bulkyness of the clipper kit so i saved myself the money!

Some things you have to try yourself but i think when it comes down to details you can mess about with stuff on photoshop and try out different ideas before you come up with a final design. Look at Chip Foose, he draws all his **** out first. Always best to have a plan of action! :D

I imagine how I'd like my car to look/ride/perform and generally have to leave it at that. Mrs M isn't too keen on spending money on "a perfectly good car" for no apparent reason. She just don't understand, but didn't seem to mind the idea of a leather retrim in her Ibiza like what Foxy has in his GTI.

Yeah but women have one set of rules for them and another for there man :lol:

Example, I've been driving 5 years and she still tries to tell me how to drive. Shes been driving a couple of weeks but I'm the devil if I try advise her on the best way to do things.

Edited by heartagram

Yeah but women have one set of rules for them and another for there man :lol:

Example, I've been driving 5 years and she still tries to tell me how to drive. Shes been driving a couple of weeks but I'm the devil if I try advise her on the best way to do things.

that is so true. im not allowed a new set of wheels but she's allowed a full retrim for the beetle! how does that work?

I just imiagine how i want my car to look, how im going to go about it, look at the parts and write the shopping list.

I then cry a little inside whenever i get in the car because none of it will ever happen :lol:

See other cars, use their ideas. Photoshop onto mine. My wheel choice was purely based on ... stupidity? (and deep[ish] dish)

I just thought 15's are too big for such a wee car, so it had to be 13's. Went to Halfords, had a looky through the alloy guide and found Borbet A's, my original choice, but never had them in black, so the next were Cups or Classics. Classics......

So I pick through process of elimination :P and availabilty :|

I make a poll so that i just do whatever everyone votes top, then im really really popular and have a cool car.

Runs off to make a poll on what colour i should have my new wheels .

i would say think of something then do it but before i have done it 100% i change my mind again so it then gets changed lol. but i think it helps a lot if your doing the work yourself that way if you want to change your ideas a bit then it will not cost to do and pay someone to redo the work.

to get some ideas i look at other cars from all different scenes and then make a good idea my own or just mess about with a rough idea and work on it until your happy to do the work.