Watch Out, Clairey's About!

Clairey Fairy

Sorry guys, im comming up north for the weekend! :P Never been to Manc before so this could be quite interesting :)

Shopping is a must obviously... any more places to go, things to see, people to do etc?

:)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh err, people to do.

Manchester's nice enough to walk around the center. there's a heap of shops, deansgate for the flashier ones.

I used to go years ago to afflecks palace and the coliseum, (not sure if these are still there) they were the 'alternative' hangout. cool funky stuff. If you're into music then vinyl exchange is a must, cheap music and movie bargains, promos etc.

There are more local people on here that can give a better more up to date resume.

Enjoy though.

ooh err, people to do.

Ooops, sorry!

Trafford Centre looks good, although im guessing it will like a moshpit on saturday so i might save it for tuesday. What are the clubs like for non-students? When i when to brum there were hundreds of bloody good ones but no entry without student ID :( They wouldnt even let me in Jongleurs ffs.

Just looked on the Gig lists and the best offering they had was Scouting For Girls...The legend that is Michael McIntyre is there but sold out for obvious reasons. :(

Sorry guys, im comming up north for the weekend! :P Never been to Manc before so this could be quite interesting :)

Shopping is a must obviously... any more places to go, things to see, people to do etc?

:)

What kind of music do you like?

Manchester city centre is the best place around IMO but I am biased living there 'n' all :D

Ooops, sorry!

Trafford Centre looks good, although im guessing it will like a moshpit on saturday so i might save it for tuesday. What are the clubs like for non-students? When i when to brum there were hundreds of bloody good ones but no entry without student ID :( They wouldnt even let me in Jongleurs ffs.

Just looked on the Gig lists and the best offering they had was Scouting For Girls...The legend that is Michael McIntyre is there but sold out for obvious reasons. :(

tbf i went to the trafford centre on a saturday before and wasn't as busy as i thought... its a must though.

When i was there in August i went to Sankey's. I had an awesome night there, it was proper dark and the tunes were class. Then i went to Old Trafford the next day to see Newcastle play Man Utd. I had an excellent time in Madchester.

Gunchesttttttterrrrrrrr!! Its a nice place but your ont wrong side of the pennines my dear :)

says him cummin from leeds! :coffee:

Come and visit me clairey :D

When i was there in August i went to Sankey's. I had an awesome night there, it was proper dark and the tunes were class. Then i went to Old Trafford the next day to see Newcastle play Man Utd. I had an excellent time in Madchester.

i put the floorin down in sankeys lol

i went to Old Trafford the next day to see Newcastle play Man Utd. I had an excellent time in Madchester.

Think i'd come out in a rash in that place, i can stand Manchester but think i'd possibly end up ill in old trafford!

Ooops, sorry!

Trafford Centre is fine on Saturday before 2pm, then all the browsers come in, especially if it's raining. City Centre is much better now that the Arndale has been revamped and avoid EMO kids near URBIS and the Triangle outside Selfridges. Take ear defenders if you wander round to M&S, there always seems to be some God-awful drum troupe banging out a din there.

Loads of eating and stuff in the centre too - Chinatown is great. I like it and wish I went in more often than the 2 or 3 times a year that I do.