Car VS Girlfriend

LiamD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how long you you have been with her and how you feel about her

but ask her if she would like it if you made her choose between something she loves and you

cant say i would be a happy bunny if my car was able to push a girlfrind away as shows to me that she really cant like me much

We cant be talking about you here.... your girlfriend loves cars..

No, it's nothing to do with me. Just a random question as I was thinking about my G today, and if i ever ended up in that situation.

p.s, it's now ex girlfriend :)

Edited by LiamD

I've been asked "Do you love your car more than me?" by my current and ex girlfriend, albeit in a jokey way. I just refused to answer, said it's two completely different things and they shouldn't be compared. Was a bit insulted that they asked in the first place too.

Anyway, I'd say if someone gave you an ultimatum like that then they're not worth it, but it's not always that simple.

I sacrificed my lupo sport which kept going wrong for a 1.2 polo to save money and see my girlfriend more often...she only left me for other reasons any ways...playing for the other team. :huh:

The G40 is a money pit though and so was my Sport...must have spent £1.5k in 8 months.

Edited by Niche

I sacrificed my lupo sport which kept going wrong for a 1.2 polo to save money and see my girlfriend more often...she only left me for other reasons any ways...playing for the other team. :huh:

Ouch, on both counts. :(

I genuinely don't think I could sacrifice my car, unless a marriage with kids depended on it!

Ouch, on both counts. :(

I genuinely don't think I could sacrifice my car, unless a marriage with kids depended on it!

The 1.2 is a 3 cylinder...how about a triple ouch. :(

It's twin cam though so it has a bit of pulling power...just about enough to overtake a lorry in 5 minutes.

depends on how long you you have been with her and how you feel about her

but ask her if she would like it if you made her choose between something she loves and you

cant say i would be a happy bunny if my car was able to push a girlfrind away as shows to me that she really cant like me much

Who are you and what have you done with Noddy!

I've been asked "Do you love your car more than me?" by my current and ex girlfriend, albeit in a jokey way. I just refused to answer, said it's two completely different things and they shouldn't be compared. Was a bit insulted that they asked in the first place too.

Anyway, I'd say if someone gave you an ultimatum like that then they're not worth it, but it's not always that simple.

your answer should have been "you obviously babe, my car can be replaced, but you can`t" wait a moment then give her a kiss, works everytime lol.

Ha, yeah you do, and yeah, you're right!

I posted this out of random interest, there was a big thread on Ed38 about the same thing, so I "passed it down" to here. I'm not actually in this dilemma!

my cars every time... sorry girls!

i remember my mate giving me a lift home from a night out one night and his girlfriend was in the front and they were arguing... things were said and she made the mistake of telling him his car was ****, he slammed on the brakes, told her to get out of the car and dumped her on the spot and left her to walk 3 miles home :lol:

Edited by treblet