Lupo GTi tyres

koolkidnumberone

The tyre shop are reccomending i put 195/50/15 on there but im worried these will look odd in comparison to the back tyres?

The bain of my life :( What are your back tyre treads like? If you can stretch to it you could always buy a set of 4 195/45s and sell the part worn 2.

Not that you should take tyre advice from me ofc...i pretty much run slicks :rolleyes::lol:

Continental now appear to have started making tyres in our size...

http://www.blackcircles.com/information?mo...ductid=11179296

I usually use Toyos (205/45/15), these are around £55 (plus fitting), are way superior to the Dunlops (IMO), but don't last quite as long.

I'd be interested to hear about the Continentals if anyone's tried?

Thanks for the offer but think ill get new probable end up with the toyos think im gonna stick to 205/45 tho just cos they look fat!

Friend of mine with a Pug 306 6x speed gti passed a comment about Toyo tyres lasting longer then the others as the rubber is tougher and wears 2xless then average brand tyres..

My personal experience, I thought all tyres are the same and went for cheap Admiral (china) tyres 195 on the front... found my car sliding on a fairly easy bend on a dual carriageway almost costing me my front end on behind of a bmw 7-series... after 3 months these same tyres are about 2 mil from illegal..

Installed Yokohama (Japanese) tyres all round and cornering has never been sharper and handling is amazing.. I was truly shocked and satisfied.

J

yokohama s-drives are the best i've found never had dunlops though i had ditchfinders when i bought it which i got rid of as soon as i got payed next in as new condition, then i had goodyear eagle f1s which were great when new but weren't as good after a little while and not that great in the wet toyo's were slightly better interms of performing right down to the wire but still not great in the wet i now have yokohama s-drives which are slightly better than the goodyears and the toyo's but heat up quicker on trackdays etc and are so much better in the wet a few hard stops for 100+ to get them up to temperature and i can honestly say they handle 95% of what they do in the dry but yet nobody else seems to use them

I usually use Toyos (205/45/15), these are around £55 (plus fitting), are way superior to the Dunlops (IMO), but don't last quite as long.

yeah i would be interested to find out what the continentals are like

Good news as more choice is always welcome (although they're only slightly cheaper than Dunlops). However, provided I don't get an irreparable puncture (touch wood and fingers crossed) I shouldn't have to replace any tyres for a couple of years at least (due to my very limited mileage - 2,500 from January to September).

Anybody used Holts Tyre Weld? Are fitting centres usually ok about cleaning the tyre out? Believe it's recommended by their trade body (although they might charge an extra few quid for doing so).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used Vredesteins sportrac 3 before? They come in the 195/45/15 size.

vredenstein_sportrac-3_fr.jpg

One of our cars needed a pair of tyres, so i was hunting around for what to get, and came across the Vredestein sportrac 3. Picked them up today, they look really cool, first impressions are good, very good dry levels of grip and really quiet. Should be good in standing water with the V tread pattern too.

Just need some rain to test them in now!

I tried ordering some 205 45 15 Continentals today from blackcircles.com because there are no Toyos in the country. Apparently The Continentals DON'T exist in that size and the guy didn't understand how they got on their web site! So bear that in mind. Dunlops seem to be the only way to go in 205s at present, but who want's to pay around £100 each for those? I know I don't.

what sort of milage do you guys get out of your tyres i get about 4k from fronts and i change the rears at some point inbetween so i'd imagine 6k from them that's with a couple of trackdays and alot of fast road driving on yokohama s-drives mint tyres i now have 2 eagle f1's on the front (all i could get on a saturday) which grip better cold and give it a nice oversteery kind of setup but haven't pushed it enough to warm the rears and see if this changes but i doing donnington this month so will see which grips best when up to temperature