Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

ahh fair play. so are you using a different guy these days from the one you was telling me about at ed38 last year?

im using the same bloke mate, he did let me down big time with the paint for UD2011 but his previous work has always been tiptop and hes a good bloke. We'll see how it comes out this time. Fingers crossed.

Any luck getting them parts off you won't doing ? :)

Not yet mate, only had a couple of hours last night and that was spent stripping the car, will be next Tuesday I'd say. Need my dad to check out how to remove some of it lol

Ok dude :) ill try and get a price friday and let you know ;)

12yan

• 1 month later...

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1738.jpg

New Number plate lights

DSCF1737.jpg

Gloss Black around pop outs

DSCF1727.jpg

Gloss Black wiper arms

DSCF1729.jpg

Smooth and gloss black inserts

DSCF1730.jpg

DSCF1733.jpg

DSCF1734.jpg

Ryan

Very nice. Who did the gloss black arround the pop outs as it is a tidy finish?

I had it done when the guy painted the car, had to have all the window bonding rubbed back to the bare metal and the area masked off. It was follws the lines from the gloss black B-Pillars so ties in quite nicely :)

Big thanks to Ryan for uploading the photos for me!

As some of you know the car was painted just before UD2011, but the first coat had reacted with something and looked all patchy, so the car was repainted for free.

Quick run down of the work thats been done-

- Respray on bonnet, wings, doors, quarters and rear bumper

- Rolled and flared rear arches

- Font arches cut away and undersealed

- Gloss black detailing around the popout rear windows

- Gloss black wiper arms

- Reflattened the black panel on the steering wheel (wasn't happy with original finish)

- Repainted parts for engine cover (not finished yet)

- Wet painted BBS RM002 barrrels

- Brand new ally dishes (1.5" and 2.0")

The finish on the paint is awesome, the above photos show the paint with no wax or products so Im really pleased :wub:

Things to finish-

- Refit and mod front arches, got new screws and clips for this

- Clean and refit rear arches

- Fix my passenger side door as it doesn't open lol

Alex

now that, is stunning! :wub:

Thank you :)

Awesome car.

Cheers Rich

Absolutely amazing mate, that is one seriously nice gti. And mint. :)

Thanks dude

This is my favourite GTi by far, Good work! :)

Thanks, means a lot

Looks lovely alex :)

Thanks Emz, I was close to giving up hope of ever getting it back and finished!

• Like 1

The gloss black around the pop outs and on the wiper arms is an incredible touch mate spot on

Thank you :) i'm glad I decided to do it now, was in two minds lol

Finally!!!.....looks stunning dude...the gloss black around the pop-outs is beautiful....looking forward to the next update pal ;) X

Thanks dude, I'm looking forward to the next update, when I can afford it :coffee: you fitted that BMC and cover yet?

still my favourite gti on clublupo and its still improving

UPDATE :) Finally got some free time to spend on the car. Began by refitting my front and rear arch liners.

Gave the rear arch liners a good scrub and a clean with APC started off like this-

IMG_0017.jpg

After a good clean I'd managed to scrub this much dust and dirt off just one of them!!

IMG_0018.jpg

Ready to refit-

IMG_0019.jpg

Cleaned my rear arches, and rear beam with Gunk degreaster before refitting the rear liners-

IMG_0022.jpg

Front liners needed trimming back to avoid being caught by the front wheels, new fitting clips and screws

IMG_0024.jpg

Done :)

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

Lowered the front a little (couple of mm) will probably go a little lower once I have trimmed the arch liners back further and modified them with a rubber strip (prototype didnt work as well as Id hoped)

IMG_0023.jpg

Sweet the arch liner mod should be happening to mine as we speak :) what width are your rears ? Quite liking the toyo stretched look, I'm fed up of the 165s want something I can drive hard on my rs's?

Dec

Lookin good :) Need to do the same with my rears and get new fittings, hanging off! Wish I could fit the front but the whole arch has been rolled

Sweet the arch liner mod should be happening to mine as we speak :) what width are your rears ? Quite liking the toyo stretched look, I'm fed up of the 165s want something I can drive hard on my rs's?

Dec

Rears are 8J fronts are 7.5J both running 195/45 tyres :) personnally I'd like a little more stretch on the front but couldnt finds any decent 185's.

Nice work Alex :)

Hey dude!...got the cover and induction fitted but haven't moved the fuse box over yet....arches look clean n tidy pal :)...wen you day apc,do u mean daisy all purpose cleaner and wat do you dilute it down to?sum say 4:1 X

Lookin good :) Need to do the same with my rears and get new fittings, hanging off! Wish I could fit the front but the whole arch has been rolled

My front arches have been completely cut away, the lip nearest the sill has been left (about 3-4 inches) so the back of the arches are kept in place, the liner fits fine and is held in place by the existing bolts, just not around the curve of the arch, I cut the liner lips back about an inch and will extend them with a strip of rubber to stop any crap getting up inside the wings.

Nice work Alex :)

cheers 12 :)

sweet :)

think i may have to do that to my front archs

get it done Marcus :)

Hey dude!...got the cover and induction fitted but haven't moved the fuse box over yet....arches look clean n tidy pal :)...wen you day apc,do u mean daisy all purpose cleaner and wat do you dilute it down to?sum say 4:1 X

Hey mate, I used Megs APC, solution was about 8:1 they recommend 10:1 but the liners were really grimey, worked well but look about 2 days to dry off properly.