Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

Just saw you by whitchurch golf club, i was at the lights. Caught my eye straight away because it was so flipping shiny! Nice one B)

Strange having someone say my cars shiny :lol: nope didnt see you, didnt help that I didnt know where I was most of the time anyway haha! Dont think my cars ever been clean, but Ive promised Im going to make the effort to keep it this clean now B) (At least til autumn ;) ) Its usually stinking :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Bagged some coilies a couple of months ago and they've been sat in the living room since. I'm mechanicly inept so we popped down my mate's today who is a mechanic for Merc and he fitted them.

Before..

DSCF6991.jpg

DSCF6994.jpg

During...

DSCF6997.jpg

After...

DSCF7003.jpg

The car has a much better stance now. We didn't bother putting the adjusters in on the rears so that's a low as it'll go. Fronts could come down some more but she's already struggling with getting it on the drive. :D

• 3 months later...

It's been a roller coaster couple of months. Took the car down Orchard Motors to get it all set up with the coilies. It was out about 3 degrees on the fronts so had to buy some camber adjusting bolts to correct it abit more. Then it was back down to Orchard to get it set up again.

The D90's were put on hold due to the cost needed to get them on the car this summer (refurb - £180, tyres - £400, adapters - £150, bolts - £40ish). Then it was decided we would do them. Shortly after that idea was shelved again. :lol:

Finally though, we've resorted to Plan B. The D90s are going back up for sale as she's just bought another set of Bathursts.

BS-TwUWkKGrHgoOKi8EjlLmrUzBKGdU0w_1.jpg

Three wheels are good and one has a little scuff. We're going to swap the scuffed one with a good one that's on the car then roll around on the good ones while the kerbed ones are in with SteveG60 for a refurb. Once they're done, there will be a little jiggery pokery swapping tyres and the good wheels will be sold and the refurbed ones kept.

I also bagged a bra for her :rolleyes: . My old one in fact. Alex, who bought my Lupo was selling it so I nabbed it quickly.

Well we picked the wheels up from my mate and to say they're mint is an understatement! They're almost too nice to go on the car.

I need to say nothing more...

Before

Image162.jpg

Image160.jpg

After

DSCF7840.jpg

DSCF7839.jpg

DSCF7835.jpg

DSCF7837.jpg

The weather has been a bit crap for decent pictures, so i haven't got many with the wheels on so these will have to do for now.

Image193.jpg

img_4611.jpg

Edited by Huw Pugh

Steve's work? Ive got a set of p slots here and im itching to get them mirror polished. The temptation is killing me!

Car looks awesome on the coilies and minted wheels, only just seen the reply from my last post and when i saw it by whitchurch it was gleaming - i must have caught it on a rare occasion ;)

What did you use to repair the kerbing? It looks too deep to be sanded out (just like mine are...). So did you fill it them with something? JB-Weld or something else?

Just asking because this is a job I'd like to tackle if I ever get the time...

Steve's work? Ive got a set of p slots here and im itching to get them mirror polished. The temptation is killing me!

Car looks awesome on the coilies and minted wheels, only just seen the reply from my last post and when i saw it by whitchurch it was gleaming - i must have caught it on a rare occasion ;)

Yeah it was Steve who did them. Do it!!

What did you use to repair the kerbing? It looks too deep to be sanded out (just like mine are...). So did you fill it them with something? JB-Weld or something else?

Just asking because this is a job I'd like to tackle if I ever get the time...

My mate did them so I'm not entirely sure, but I think he uses some sort of metal based filler if the marks can't be sanded out.

Thankyou for the comments :)

Looks pretty but my god am I fed up with things going wrong on it! :lol:

I wish I had somebody to look after my car 24-7.

He may wash it BUT he killed it two weeks ago too, didnt you Huw :P . . . .

• Like 1

:o you're lucky John (Casper) hasn't seen this :P

Looks VERY good.

Mines nowhere near as nice! A very dirty version and hasnt got a supercharger :lol: not a patch on his! . . .

. . . and I havent got a cool stripey fish in my exhaust - he'll know what I mean :P

Edited by elliecjno1

He washed it on the Saturday morning, I went to move it Sunday afternoon . . . turned the key . . . starter motor clicked fine, CD came on and . . . engine wouldnt start.

It caught the first time slightly, second time, nothing, third time, nothing, so gave up and got Dragon Rescue out. I feared the worst as battery was obv ok and so was the starter motor, I though uh oh expensive job I bet.

Guy turns up, turns the key, puts his hand on the accelerator and it started to try and start, after about a minute of it trying to catch more and more it started, big plume of soot out the exhaust, but it started. The Dragon Rescue man said it was a damp start - water had got in the engine bay :( So he covered it all in good old WD40 and said give it a good blast.

Huw reckoned it was me for taking it through a rather deep puddle flooding the lane I use everyday a few days before BUT when chatting to his mate whos a mechanic, he said it would have died straight after doing that if that was the cause, therefore it was Huw washing the car and it should be moved after washing it just so it doesnt stay damp.

He will deny all knowledge but HE killed it :lol:

He washed it on the Saturday morning, I went to move it Sunday afternoon . . . turned the key . . . starter motor clicked fine, CD came on and . . . engine wouldnt start.

It caught the first time slightly, second time, nothing, third time, nothing, so gave up and got Dragon Rescue out. I feared the worst as battery was obv ok and so was the starter motor, I though uh oh expensive job I bet.

Guy turns up, turns the key, puts his hand on the accelerator and it started to try and start, after about a minute of it trying to catch more and more it started, big plume of soot out the exhaust, but it started. The Dragon Rescue man said it was a damp start - water had got in the engine bay :( So he covered it all in good old WD40 and said give it a good blast.

Huw reckoned it was me for taking it through a rather deep puddle flooding the lane I use everyday a few days before BUT when chatting to his mate whos a mechanic, he said it would have died straight after doing that if that was the cause, therefore it was Huw washing the car and it should be moved after washing it just so it doesnt stay damp.

He will deny all knowledge but HE killed it :lol:

So would i though :P