Project GTI - Mmmm carbon .......

elliecjno1

Well done again, how were you getting out of the show? My splitter is all cut up now. I don't know if you saw me struggling at the exit :/

Quite annoyed, you'd have thought they would have smoothed it out!!

Did the pics you snapped of mine come out well as I didn't take my camera :shifty:

Well done again, how were you getting out of the show? My splitter is all cut up now. I don't know if you saw me struggling at the exit :/

Quite annoyed, you'd have thought they would have smoothed it out!!

Did the pics you snapped of mine come out well as I didn't take my camera :shifty:

I know you would have thought they'd have a flat entrance/exit knowing lowered cars etc would be using it!

I went tight to the right of the gate then turned at an angle to come out, only had a very light touch of the splitter on the road but no damage, had Huw watching me out lol. Woman at the gate was asking for the grass back though lmao! I'd ripped a load out moving after the gimp mask had been put on cos it was touching the floor! lmao

We finally got around to fitting the new bottles this week - except the brake fluid bottle. Made me realise how much work was needed under the bonnet but this was a good start. While we were there, we also fitted the BMC which I've had sat in the garage since I sold my GTI. At some point we'll be looking at getting a proper intake pipe made up but this one will do for now.

bots1.jpg

bot2.jpg

bmc1.jpg

bmc2.jpg

I also changed the aerial too but don't tell Ellie :ph34r:

Before:

aer1.jpg

After:

aer2.jpg

Nice one Huw, the new bottles make all the difference dont they! I've been detailing my 'bay the last two weeks had some good tips from the legendary 12yan :)

Keep it up dude, Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, that boot lid idea! Boom! My best frind has a B6 Passat and I've always been intrigued by that little feature! Wasn't sure if it would have been possible to fit to my Arouser! Bet it was some work lol. Awesome little car man, pristine!

Thanks guys. We can't take credit for the boot idea, there's a few people with Mk5 Golf handles already fitted, but I think it's the only mk8 Polo handle though. I'm glad I was fussy and had the handle redone. It's soooo much better the second time around.

• 2 months later...

Well the Mk6 Golf interior has gone today. I was a little gutted as I loved that interior. Still, onwards and upwards. So for the moment the interior is looking a little bare while we sort the new one.

IMG_2052.jpg

Also finally got around to sorting the engine cover with a new black badge and some flowers. Next up, a new oil cap.

IMG_2054.jpg

Lovely GTI!

That boot handle looks much better than the mk5 golf ones imo.

I wish the paintwork was as good as that on mine, think i need to get saving to get it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All been a bit quiet recently. The car hasn't really moved since our last show in Sept and has been tucked away for winter.

IMG_2201.jpg

But with Christmas and New Year out of the way, its time to pull our fingers out. The battery was knackered so we went and bought a new one and started the car up last weekend. Sooo looking forward to getting it back out again.

Today we finally got to work on the new front seat subframes. We're using the standard lupo frames so they needed a bit of cutting and will need some welding once i've done a trial fit tomorrow.

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

Looks like a fleece lined high vis, and it is winter.....

My old man nearly lost his eye when a shard of metal embedded itself in to his eye and went rusty. He had the same attitude before it happened as yours rich. Needless to say he wears a bit more protection now.

Im looking forward to seeing the outcome huw, I'm sure it will be good whatever though!

John