Private Number Plate?

PeteSGT

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting myself a treat soon, and this may come in the form of a private plate.

Now I have been silly before...and bought plates that were associated with my car at the time. I had a 106 gti with the number plate 'P333 PUG' and my g/f had a lupo (a little 1.4s) with the number plate l333 upo.

We gave both of these away with the cars...so I dont really want to do that again.

But I'm looking at 'p33 sgt' because my name's Peter Sargeant

What do you reckon?

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/CarGalle...mp;m=2&v=56

(not on an aston obv!)

i love personal plates. i think the right plate can really improve the look of a car.

its sensible to get one that relates to you or that can be universally used! so id say go for it :)

x

i might buy it now and flog it to you on thursday for 400 notes!

just kidding mate, but yeah i like subtle plates like that, its the ones where people use tape and bolts to make it read something that annoy me.

when i get a private plate i wouldnt mind something like

BL55 YTH - because of my surname, or B3 NJO would be cool too!

Mine means nothing to me and isnt really to do with the car either. Although it is a good plate for it as its a diesel!

If my next car is a diesel, and i can see it being, then ill swap the plate, if not it will go with the car since i got it with the car so cost me nothing. But i do think it make the car look much better.

Do it i say, who wants a load of random numbers printed on their car when you could have something more personal or something that stands out a bit more.

Ive got my ultimate plate :shades:

I also have MK56 OLF if anyone fancys it? ;)

Oh and A 9OLF :P

What's an Olf and what did the previous fifty-five versions look like? Were they made in Scandanavia?

If you get a plate......get one that is personal to you so you can transfer it to another car in the future.

That is my opinon and what I have done, as my plate has been on three cars now.

Me too. 4 digits and a single letter - it'll go on any age car and doesn't try to be something it isn't by way of lovely personising the characters. I know a lad that has had his number 'taken back' by the DVLA because he's had repeated 'misrepresentation' troubles. Silly boy.

Me too. 4 digits and a single letter - it'll go on any age car and doesn't try to be something it isn't by way of lovely personising the characters. I know a lad that has had his number 'taken back' by the DVLA because he's had repeated 'misrepresentation' troubles. Silly boy.

Yeah I dont like it when people muck about with the spacing too much...or use a strategically placed screw cover!

With that one I wouldn't need to muck about (apart from the obligatory german style plate :D)

Yeah £250 notes all in, not bad....its not a blatantly obvious personalised one...but at least its only got 2 digits.

That this month...plus a new monitor for my comp...and then lowering next month, thats the plan :)