no more shopping around for tyres

Dark

It could be soon that motorists will no longer be able to change the type of their tyre to find a cheaper or better performing alternative.

thats if you buy a car with a type approved energy saving tyre fitted as standard. EU will ban alternatives as an MOT fail will be given on the cars Co2 rating of the required tyres are not fitted. as the car is sold by the manufactureres with a stated CO2 rating, which effects taxes and the legal requirement of manufactuers to get a target rating for the average of its cars sold.

well i can see how to avoid that mess by just removing the standard wheels and tyres, get your own nice aftermarket alloys with preferred tyres, and come MOT time reto fit the original wheels. easy.

What a crock of crap.

If I want to upgrade my tyres to lower the risk of me losing grip then feck them I will do it.

I pay for the car, I pay the insurance, I pay the road tax, I pay to have it MOT'd, I pay for the petrol.

They can kiss my ass.

No, no, no - you'll have to wear a mask that will monitor your rate of breathing and Oxygen intake, and if you use more than your allocated amount you will be fined. Or if you're Breathe Rate is too high, you'll get fined. Oh, and you'll have to pay a Maintenance Charge for the mask. And a Pay-Per-Breath Charge later on in the scheme to prevent selfish usage of Oxygen.

then you see MPs getting driven round in 4litre jags

And do they pay for it?

As for CO2 friendly tyres, the last 5 new cars we've had have had them. No grip problems whatsoever. Heartagram must either live on an ice rink or drive like a minge.

petrol has somik lik 80% tax on it :@

then you see mp`s gettin driven round in 4litre jags and that :@:@:@

Bunch of robbing lovely persons!

Then you have merkins complaining about paying over a dollar a GALLON, a fukcing GALLON

Wouldn't live there though, in the same job over there I would be about 100K a year better off (I don't earn as much as you are thinking!) but they all just annoy me and I would miss home too much, I don't think my dogs would like it out there either.

Will be trying for the south of France though!

I read this in auto express, although i only had a quick glance over it.

Will that effect older cars or just new ones?

Looks like it will be firestone F700 fuel savers for us lupo/arosa owners then, oh goody. Which will be intesting as they arnt made any more ....

And when cars are worth like £400 does that mean we have to spend £500 for the right set of tyres on them, how it that right!

Anyone remember this classic 90's tv program ?

AquilaBoys.jpg

I might have to build me one of these, id love to see the look on HMRC's faces :lol:

That was excellent, loved that program :)

I've got a feeling this will break EU competition Law, effectively meaning one tyre company has a monopoly on each car. Therefore it's unlikely to be passed as law.

More likely is some kind of CO2 rating for tyres (probably the alphabet scheme, like washing machines, cars etc) They could make it law that if you buy a car with "A" CO2 rated tyres, you have to continue to buy A rated tyres.

In the long run, it won't matter too much because the tyre companies will latch onto this, and bring in new technology to lower CO2, without sacrificing too much grip, like polymers which change when more force is applied to them giving more grip.

I think your right.

If this came in then it would mean tyre manufacturers like Federal and Marshal would go out of business, since they dont supply tyres to new cars, and offer budget tyres for small cars as replacements for the original equipment tyres.

IMO the car is only a very small polluter compared to other things, its about time trucks and buses were made more eco friendly, i know they are getting there slowly but not really. Not to mention the factories, you want to see teesside on a sunny day, usually towns dont have hazes or pollution film hanging over them!

Eco tyres are always worse for grip, so many people upgrade to a better tyre for more grip making their cars safer, who cares if it uses 1-2% more fuel than eco tyres. Waste of time and money.

And do they pay for it?

As for CO2 friendly tyres, the last 5 new cars we've had have had them. No grip problems whatsoever. Heartagram must either live on an ice rink or drive like a minge.

Either that or I like to have a buffer there that lets me know if I need the grip I have it there :rolleyes:

Something I didn't have with the tyres that came on my car.

Edited by heartagram

IMO the car is only a very small polluter compared to other things, its about time trucks and buses were made more eco friendly, i know they are getting there slowly but not really. Not to mention the factories, you want to see teesside on a sunny day, usually towns dont have hazes or pollution film hanging over them!

Dunno about anywhere else but I have a bus route that runs across the front of my house and there are so many smokey buses. In the summer when you have the windows open sometimes you just get big wafts of smelly diesel smoke, its proper grim!

i am hoping petrol goes up to £3 a litre. Far too many cars on the road

Did you know, that if everyone on a bus got off, and got into their cars and drove the same distance, they would help save the enviroment?

They keep that fact hidden of course ;)

Thats ****

You can get 53 people on a bus. How can 53 car engines on average of at least 1.4 litres? so almost 75 litre engine and 212 car tyres and 424 brake pads run more efficiently than one bus.... 53 cars would take up 132 meters if they were touching bumpers. so add at least 5 meters apart going down one road would take up 662 meters of road.....

What a crock of crap.

If I want to upgrade my tyres to lower the risk of me losing grip then feck them I will do it.

I pay for the car, I pay the insurance, I pay the road tax, I pay to have it MOT'd, I pay for the petrol.

They can kiss my ass.

AMEN!

Did you know, that if everyone on a bus got off, and got into their cars and drove the same distance, they would help save the enviroment?

They keep that fact hidden of course ;)

SERIOUSLY????

then why are they not givin every1 cars and scrappin scruff mobeals?

I could get to work easy peasy on public transport. I could also cycle. I am driving a car at the moment which takes half an hour to do 5 miles.... used to take me 15 mins on a motorbike. If there were less cars on the road in london I would get on a push bike. If the public transport was more reliable and the buses came more often then I would happily jump on one. The government is doing anything to get people out of their cars and onto public transport. They put petrol prices up to get the most amount of money possible out of everyone. PUt car tax up to £500 a car. Put petrol prices up to £3 a litre.. All the extra money for people driving would go into public transport.... most people would get out there cars....

Well thats my 9s buggered then...

Cant really believe it'll happen though, almost uninforcable. Even if it does happen it'll likely only affect new cars... (keeps fingers crossed!)