Do Lupo's rust?

Just wandered has their Lupo ever started to rust anywhere? or if there was any places prone for it? i don't mean the little bit of filler you have put on the bonnet where the badge used to be, and are these cars fully Galvanvised like their big brother the MK4 Golf :blush:

They don't have big problems with rust, but some people have found rust in the roof gutters (under the plastic runners). They are supposed to come with a 10 (or is it 12? Can't remember exactly) anti-perforation warrenty, but I believe VW can be a bit arsy about paying up. You shouldn't really need to use it though :)

My 10 year old donor Arosa had rust on both rear arches, down the windscreen pillar and along the roofline - but that one was a bit of a shed!

IMG_9268_copy_small.jpg

:)

They have been known to rust in the gutters, as lunalupi said, so have a check there.

Anti-perforation warranty (as far as I'm aware) only comes into play once it's perforated the metal, so you have to leave it to rust right through before VW will pay out. Obviously most people would rather get it fixed before this so...

area's to check

rear wheel arches

sills at jack up points

inner rear arch suspension top mounts especially drivers side

behind petrol flap , both the above are prone due to the build up of dirt and water behind the petrol tank filer neck

roof gutters

thats what i've seen but only on the arosa's

Mk1 Arosas rust because i dont think they are galvanised.

All Lupos and Mk2 Arosas are galvanised and have a 12 year anti perforation warranty.

Ive never seen a rusty one, other than mk1s, if its rusting then its probably been in an accident and the new panals are not galvanised.

I wouldnt worry about it rustng, they shouldnt.

I really dont see how the roof gutters can rust, but aparently it has been known, but again with it being galvanised how can it rust.

I assume the rubber of the roof gutter trims fridge against the paint and wear through it, but ive not seen one like that.

yep like said there can be rust found in the roof gutters, thats the only place i found it on mine. altho it was about the size of a 5p and was only surface rust.

and like any car, it will rust like in picola picture if there is bare metal on show. but that will be done by something catching i.e the bonnet, or if there has been a dent and the paint/undercoat has comeaway.

Mk1 Arosas rust because i dont think they are galvanised.

Mk1s are galvanised.

When we went out looking for Inés' car all the Lupo's we looked at had rust along the roof line were as none of the Arosa's did. Weird...

My Mk1 Arosa has plenty of rust on both rear arches "Nova style" Its also showing plenty of rust around the petrol cap and a few stone chips above the windscreen have gone bad too. In fact its a nail!

The roof gutters are clean though!

I had a rust bubble on drivers side of the roof. It's a 99 model. Phoned VW, apparently they have a 12 year bodywork guarantee. Got it sorted within a week FOR FREE (!) and got courtesy car. If you do get any rust, it's worth ringing them.

Just wandered has their Lupo ever started to rust anywhere? or if there was any places prone for it? i don't mean the little bit of filler you have put on the bonnet where the badge used to be, and are these cars fully Galvanvised like their big brother the MK4 Golf :blush:

I had a rust bubble on drivers side of the roof. It's a 99 model. Phoned VW, apparently they have a 12 year bodywork guarantee. Got it sorted within a week FOR FREE (!) and got courtesy car. If you do get any rust, it's worth ringing them.

Cheers fella!