Foxy's GTI- Getting Lighter

foxy

Aye, not really been into the show thing for a while now. The whole interior will be up for sale in time.

Just reading this and as i went down the page i thought i bet the interior is going to be up for sale! :lol:

Makes sense. Are you going to get a cage for it too? Should be a nice little toy when you get all these bits on. B)

Just reading this and as i went down the page i thought i bet the interior is going to be up for sale! :lol:

Makes sense. Are you going to get a cage for it too? Should be a nice little toy when you get all these bits on. B)

Well im not going to pull the car appart untill ive got something comfortable to drive around in, but then the plan is to strip the complete interior out, cut the insides of the doors out etc. remove un-necessary wiring blah blah, have a cage made for it. Move the seat possition back and extend the steering column and install a floor mount pedal box. Then it will be onto removing the aircon fitting a non-powered rack etc. etc.

Looks cool James, great ideas. Will make it quite a weapon!

I'm interested in that brake set up. It says mk2 fitment, take it you have done the research in to weather they will fit the hub or not??

Mabe we could see if we could buy together for a discount?? Might be worth a go!!

John

Looks cool James, great ideas. Will make it quite a weapon!

I'm interested in that brake set up. It says mk2 fitment, take it you have done the research in to weather they will fit the hub or not??

Mabe we could see if we could buy together for a discount?? Might be worth a go!!

John

Im lead to believe they are the same as the MK2 fittment, all I need to do is measure the lug's to find out if there 76mm or 94mm. But knowing you John you'll know that off by heart?

Seems a shame to rip apart such a minter, but it's gonna be brilliant.

Im having sleepless nights about whether to rip the car apart, which is why im always on the look out for another in the scrap yards.

Willwood calipers are not one of the 'best' in the world.

Alcons or AP's maybe.

A close friend of mine, whose opinion and vast experience I respect very highly, owns several American Muscle cars ranging from 500bhp upto 800bhp are all stopped by Wilwood calipers.

They are indisputably 'one of' the best in the world, they arnt my first choice but the AP's are more than double the price.

Willwood calipers are not one of the 'best' in the world.

Alcons or AP's maybe.

Not the best in the world no, but look at the price.

They have the very American NPTF fluid port tappings and stupid bleed nipples, but apart from that, they are fine.

I was driven in my GIi by somebody who is a seriously good driver, I was thinking jesus.. I cant stop it like this. Need to press the pedal harder most of the time, thats all. We all moan about brakes, no matter what the car has.

Aye, never happy with the stoppers.

Good work Foxy, its nice to see someone spending quality G's on their Lupos. Propper Job.

Thanks

NICE **** :D

Thanks

very nice mate! loving the interior

Thanks

Im lead to believe they are the same as the MK2 fittment, all I need to do is measure the lug's to find out if there 76mm or 94mm. But knowing you John you'll know that off by heart?

I dont :lol::blush:

If i had read this thread about an hour earlier, i could have told you. Only just put the car back on the ground!

Keep me posted on this one though, i might well be up for a set of these. Depending on when you want to buy some?

John

I was planning on buying them some time in February, but now im planning a possible trip to Austria in March. So god only knows when, I will get a price for 2 kits and let you know.

• 1 month later...

It has begun

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104-1.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Having done alot of that work in the rain and dark i decided to get one of these

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Going to do the front end tomorrow, also ordered the Wilwood brake kit I wanted today so fingers crossed will have that by the end of the week.

Edited by foxy

Total labour time was about 4 hours, that was because the brake lines were a bitch to get off, otherwise it would have been about 3 hours

Total labour time was about 4 hours, that was because the brake lines were a bitch to get off, otherwise it would have been about 3 hours

Thanks. :)

That include changing the bushes??

some nice progress. let me know how you get on with the top mounts. tempted with some myself. also can you remember how much you paid for you r888s? the prices seem to have gone up lately. cant find any cheap!

Yes that includes fitting the bushes, they were really easy tbh

Think i payed about £75 per corner for the R888's iirc