Foxy's GTI- Getting Lighter

foxy

• 1 month later...

mmmmmm I like :D

Might need a pillow though :lol:

so does this mean that lovely interior you have will be up for grabs foxy?

It does yes, not just yet but I will be selling the whole lot

Although they are rock hard they are surprisingly comfortable. Wouldnt want to do a long journey in them though!

Price for leather interior : hmmmmmm ;)

Although they are rock hard they are surprisingly comfortable. Wouldnt want to do a long journey in them though!

Price for leather interior : hmmmmmm ;)

surprisingly comfortable on your kitchen floor but in a lowered car i can see them being back breakers.lol

and as for a price for the leather if you could pm me and let me know so i can see if ive got the money.

Well I don't intend on sitting in them for hours on end anyway, but they are more comfortable than they look.

Ive PM'd you about the leather

Welcome to my world shades.gif

With rather a lot less torque going through mine

• 3 weeks later...

He's usually pimping about in a van.

Had a little drive of this the other day, expected the clutch to be quite unmanagable, but it really wasn't. Maybe slightly heavier than standard (or at least my standard one, as Foxy reckons mine is particularly light), but still very easy to control and manouvre .

what do you gain from fiting that?

Not a great deal TBH, faster launches due to a stronger clamping force in the clutch plate. Thats about it for me as im not putting any power through it to warrent the 4 paddle friction plate. But i got it because i can...... :P

this car is awesome, but i have never once seen you in crammy :P

shall have to keep an eye out like.

It spends its days sat on the drive, so you will probs never see me about

He's usually pimping about in a van.

Had a little drive of this the other day, expected the clutch to be quite unmanagable, but it really wasn't. Maybe slightly heavier than standard (or at least my standard one, as Foxy reckons mine is particularly light), but still very easy to control and manouvre .

Indeed it is, doesnt pose any problems at all :D

Very nice mate,liking the direction your going in with this now

How are you finding the 888's? i found them to be such a vast improvement than normal road tyres it was like comparing night and day i was very pleased with mine

The R888's are a fantastic tyre, when you get them nice and hot they really perform very well.

I have also driven on Yoko AO48's and they are noticably better, but a lot more expensive. So the 888's are plenty fine for me!

I have yes, when we had lots and lots of rain last week i went out for a drive to test them. They are pretty good giving excellent levels of grip as long as you are very smooth. When provoked there is a lot of understear, but that is to be expected, it is very managable and like i say you have to push it.

Would'nt like to try them in standing water!!

• 2 weeks later...

Small delivery arrived this morning from ReVerie.

IMG_0378.jpg

Ive made the sub frame and fitted the passenger seat today, tomorrow i'll do the drivers.

Also gonna weigh the standard seat and the new ones with the new sub frames and see how they compare.

I'll get photo's of everything up tommorrow aswell

Small delivery arrived this morning from ReVerie.

IMG_0378.jpg

Ive made the sub frame and fitted the passenger seat today, tomorrow i'll do the drivers.

Also gonna weigh the standard seat and the new ones with the new sub frames and see how they compare.

I'll get photo's of everything up tommorrow aswell

Those actully carbon? Shame they are not approved for motorsport.

Those actully carbon? Shame they are not approved for motorsport.

Yes they are actually carbon, weighing in at an entire kilogram.

They dont need to be FIA approved, because they wont ever be entered into a race!

Fitted both seats today, they are weighing in at 6kg each, including the sub frames ive made. Havnt weighed the standard seats yet.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380-1.jpg

IMG_0381-1.jpg

IMG_0382-1.jpg

IMG_0383-1.jpg

IMG_0384-1.jpg

IMG_0385-1.jpg

IMG_0386-1.jpg

Probs just leave them in for a week then get the frames powdercoated, keeping the leather untill i have a new car to be comfortable in

Edited by foxy