Foxy's GTI- Getting Lighter

foxy

What made you go for the 205/50 and not the 195/50?

Bit of an experiment tbh, because the car is fitted with 205/45's from the factory this would have been my choice. But you cant get R888 in that size so I thought I would try the 205/50's for a bit of extra girth and road holding, when I ware these ones out I might try some 195/50 and see what the difference is.

Damn it, if only i had the cash when you bought them! We'd have saved nearly £100!

Ah well, i need to draw the line somewhere. I have to admit though, the do look really nice, I might buy some later in the year.

You reckon that bulk order price will still be available?

John

Damn it, if only i had the cash when you bought them! We'd have saved nearly £100!

Ah well, i need to draw the line somewhere. I have to admit though, the do look really nice, I might buy some later in the year.

You reckon that bulk order price will still be available?

John

I bought the 2 kits anyway mate, the discount was to good to miss. He did make a small mistake with the price (didnt add brake pads onto the second kit and didnt add on for combi discs) so its an extra £57 on what I told you, but still a very good discount.

So the second kit is sat in my living room needing a buyer, I cant afford to keep it at all, its to be sold by the end of next week really.

Wow serious stuff :shades:

Is that caliper kit fully dust sealed?

it is indeed

Whats the spec on the discs , diameter and width.

I have set for the mark 1 that im going to use.

The suplier have sent the wrong discs, im booked in for a fight with the manager on monday morning. lol

The discs they say are the ones for this kit are the wrong offset so dont fit on the car, you need G60 or Rally discs which are 280x22mm. But then you have the problem that the calipers take a max of 21mm disc, so im probs going to have to get them skimmed, but of course i want the company to suplly the correct disc's in the first place and not to argue with me saying the part numbers are correct.....Tossers!!!!!

I'll have an answer tomorrow morning.

Ive already made the brackets to hold the calipers on whilst using the 280mm disks , the reason that i asked is that i thought i would need to skim a mm off to get them to 21 ish.

They do look tiny when all attatched up though

IMG_0004-3.jpg

IMG_0006-3.jpg

IMG_0007-4.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Finally have got the brakes finished did the tracking and camber and took it for a spin today, it is prety amasing to say the least.

I have also fitted braided lines the rear brakes to get rid of those crappy rubber ones.

Now im going to have to get the car hooked up to vag-com though so the brakes can be bled correctly, have to switch the ABS pump on to firm the pedal up. Not something I can do myself which always annoys me.

Edited by foxy

brakes look sweet!bet your eyes come out your sockets when you stamp on them :P

also were did you manage to get them rear braided hoses from?

Any decent hydraulics place will make them up, on my previous cars they made no difference but they're definitely an improvement none the less.

Now im going to have to get the car hooked up to vag-com though so the brakes can be bled correctly, have to switch the ABS pump on to firm the pedal up. Not something I can do myself which always annoys me.

You found the problem then ;)

Any decent hydraulics place will make them up, on my previous cars they made no difference but they're definitely an improvement none the less.

Correct, however mine are Goodridge.

You found the problem then ;)

I sure did, new it had to be something to do with the ABS. But I dont know anybody with Vag-Com so it looks like im going to have to go to a garage :(

How did you get new rear hoses for there(Rear calipers)? Custom?

What discs did you end up using???

The rear hoses are Goodridge, they do a MK2 Golf disc conversion hose. They just happen to fit every rear caliper in the VAG range. You just have make a line from the caliper hose to the beam hose, i used copper nickel and replicated the route of the origional so it went into the proper clips on the beam.

I got them to send me the G60 discs that they should have used in the first place, they seem to be fine. The offset on the G60 disc is 39mm and the Lupo uses a 39.5mm offset disc, but the 1/2 mm doesnt seem to matter, if it had then i could get 1/2 mm machined off the caliper bracket.

The discs they use with the kit are from the back end of something old and Japanese, pikey feckers!!

The rear hoses are Goodridge, they do a MK2 Golf disc conversion hose. They just happen to fit every rear caliper in the VAG range. You just have make a line from the caliper hose to the beam hose, i used copper nickel and replicated the route of the origional so it went into the proper clips on the beam.

I got them to send me the G60 discs that they should have used in the first place, they seem to be fine. The offset on the G60 disc is 39mm and the Lupo uses a 39.5mm offset disc, but the 1/2 mm doesnt seem to matter, if it had then i could get 1/2 mm machined off the caliper bracket.

The discs they use with the kit are from the back end of something old and Japanese, pikey feckers!!

Ahhh, I was going to make the flexi hoses in Aeroquip, but if you can get them, even beter, are they stainless unions?? Where do you get them??

Edited by 99hjhm

You can get them in either stainless or zinc (mine are stainless) any Goodridge dealer will stock them, look for MK 2 Golf rear disc conversion.

I fitted them to my MK1 Golf years ago, because you fit MK2 stub axles to the golf for rear disc conversion you can then upgrade to alloy calipers that have the same M12 x 1 thread as the cast ones. Those same alloy calipers are fitted to every rear disc car in the entire VAG range therefore they fit the Lupo....job done!!!

You can get them in either stainless or zinc (mine are stainless) any Goodridge dealer will stock them, look for MK 2 Golf rear disc conversion.

I fitted them to my MK1 Golf years ago, because you fit MK2 stub axles to the golf for rear disc conversion you can then upgrade to alloy calipers that have the same M12 x 1 thread as the cast ones. Those same alloy calipers are fitted to every rear disc car in the entire VAG range therefore they fit the Lupo....job done!!!

Ordered some, thanks! :)

I sure did, new it had to be something to do with the ABS. But I dont know anybody with Vag-Com so it looks like im going to have to go to a garage :(

I might be able to help you out there. Sent you PM :)