New!!! Janspeed system & tail pipe design

vworks41

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well had it fitted today, and it sounds great :) They've still used the same 3.5'' design but modified the hangers to make it fit better.

I really wanted the 3'' smaller pipes, but they asked me to run it for afew weeks over Christmas and see how it goes. If i still want the smaller design they will be happy to change it.

They want people views and opinions on how it looks now after the refit.....so what do you guys think??

Buy the way ...they're doing a 4-2-1 manifold for a polo GTi in a few weeks time aswell.

Once thats done they can use my loop to modify the down pipe to fit also, so it's good news for lupo GTi owners :)

janspeed002.jpg

janspeed010.jpg

janspeed011.jpg

janspeed012.jpg

janspeed015.jpg

janspeed007.jpg

janspeed006.jpg

janspeed008.jpg

Was just about to ask if it had been done yet.

Sits much better, but I still think it looks too big. What do you think? Still fancying the smaller pipes?

Any idea how much the manifold would be? I'm after a full system.

:)

mmm sits in the bumper much much better! and fab news on the manifold i want one! do think, now that its sitting higher, that they should be a teeny touch smaller, not a huge amount, let me know any progress as i want mine to sit higher too!!!!!

Looking at that I will have the bracket retro fitted, as my back box has dropped quite a bit since it was fitted. Probably due to the hammering the coilovers give it, combined with its less-than-ideal rear mounting point.

I'd consider different pipes too. For me it's not so much the size of them, but the fact that even without bending down you can see they are welded on sleeves. Something more integrated like the ones on the blue car that mukilupo posted above would be nice. I definitely want to keep twins.

Will changing the pipes change the sound? That's the one thing I don't want changing. It sounds so damn good, but isn't obnoxious.

I will have the manifold too.

Cash waiting!

imo they've already missed a trick with the manifold, because a lot of people here have bought the Raceland one already...

Edited by twisty b-road

Guna try and get it back down to them next week if i can.

After driving it since friday the tail pipes have move to the left and now its not central anymore :(

Slightly smaller and longer pipes are the answer me thinks.

I'm going to start a poll thread so it gives them an idea of how many people want slightly smaller pipes.

It does look tres fetch, are you happy with it? Im tempted to get some tweaks done as im not totally happy with the sound on mine but its gonna bodge my lifetime gaurentee if i take it to Janspeed....

Shame that the guys who did mine had never seen the underbelly of a Loop before as a jack the lad plus a lass who knew nowt about exhusts isnt really an ideal combo.

Did they do a good job? Is it worth scraping my waranty to take it down te road? (Id wana keep my tailpipes so as not to be a copycat!)

It does look tres fetch, are you happy with it? Im tempted to get some tweaks done as im not totally happy with the sound on mine but its gonna bodge my lifetime gaurentee if i take it to Janspeed....

Shame that the guys who did mine had never seen the underbelly of a Loop before as a jack the lad plus a lass who knew nowt about exhusts isnt really an ideal combo.

Did they do a good job? Is it worth scraping my waranty to take it down te road? (Id wana keep my tailpipes so as not to be a copycat!)

Yeah im happy with it, especially the sound :wub: and the big pipes would properly grow on me....but the smaller pipes would just top it off nicely!!

Whats wrong with the sound on yours then? to loud??

Yeah im happy with it, especially the sound :wub: and the big pipes would properly grow on me....but the smaller pipes would just top it off nicely!!

Whats wrong with the sound on yours then? to loud??

Not loud enough! :lol: Has a very "breathy" note to it so it definately needs a fiddle

I'd consider different pipes too. For me it's not so much the size of them, but the fact that even without bending down you can see they are welded on sleeves. Something more integrated like the ones on the blue car that mukilupo posted above would be nice. I definitely want to keep twins.

Will changing the pipes change the sound? That's the one thing I don't want changing. It sounds so damn good, but isn't obnoxious.

I will have the manifold too.

Cash waiting!

imo they've already missed a trick with the manifold, because a lot of people here have bought the Raceland one already...

what he said :shades: