New!!! Janspeed system & tail pipe design

vworks41

janspeed006.jpg

btw is that rust or a kind of weld heat stain on the metal. i guess it surely cant be rust on a stainless this new?

i noticed my 6 year old standard gti rear box section has no rust on it at all. the actual pipe steel is discoloured as you would expect though.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stainless does rust, not as quickly as mild steel. depends on impurities in the steel aswell. i know a few people who have had powerflow stainless systems fall to pieces from rust in just a few years.

if it is just the weld colour and not rust then it looks ugly for sure, i have seen a lot nicer stainless welding without any discolouration.

Edited by omglagger

Any updates from Janspeed?

I see your exhaust is on the bay, or a least a picture of your car with the exhaust fitted.

item no. 260195593652

Edited by foxy

Tell them to get a move on with the smaller system and manifold, my car sounds like a sack of sh*t!

Guna go back after new years and see how far they've got with the manifold, hopefully get the pipes sorted at the same time.

They'd be mad not to if they want to sale more.

Yes, after 6 months of waiting for them to take his car back for the manifold designing he got bored.

He also had to take it back as the tail pipes didnt line up correctly.

They fixed his, but I dont think they changed the design so all the ones Ive seen since all fit a little strange.

Well they told me they've got a polo GTi booked in shortly and would be willing to modify that to fit are loops, so just have to see :)

To be honest the bigger pipes are growing on me now :D ,and I've managed to fix the problem with it slightly off center aswell.

If they decide not to change the design then it's there loss at the end of the day. plus I've got a mate who could easily change the tail pipes anyway.

Smaller pipes are a must on that exhaust in my opinion, i think the GTI suits the original exhaust tips if thats not possible maybe a touch bigger, but the originals seem to suit the recess and the fact it is a small hatch, not a larger hatch such as an R32.

Edited by Adam

Nooooooooo!

Could they not make two different sized systems? Although it seems as though most people would prefer a slightly smaller system, so don't be letting us down vworks41!

I'm still guna try for the slightly smaller pipes after new year...leave it with me :D

• 3 weeks later...
Would it be possible to transfer your tailpipes from your standard system to the Janspeed system? That seems like the best solution to me and would give the OEM look that most people prefer.

Yeah thought about doing that, but it's going back next week to get sorted anyway.

Nothing yet, i'll keep on at them though ;) might know more next week.

Ok brilliant, Ill wait with my ear to the ground.

Was going to get one and mod it myself, but if there going to produce one, then id rather wait about for it.

Got any ideas on price? will it be De-cat?

John

Ok brilliant, Ill wait with my ear to the ground.

Was going to get one and mod it myself, but if there going to produce one, then id rather wait about for it.

Got any ideas on price? will it be De-cat?

John

Yeah same here mate, saves alot of hassle.

Didn't know it had a cat on it??

I know you have to extend the wire for the lambada prob on the reaceland ones though.

Yeah same here mate, saves alot of hassle.

Didn't know it had a cat on it??

I know you have to extend the wire for the lambada prob on the reaceland ones though.

No i was thinking... does the manifold stop at the begining of the cat, or does the pipe extend past where the cat originally was and connect on, removing the cat?

To be honest, i cant be arsed extending the lanbada. id probably just drill a new hole and braize on a threaded portion, then blank the original hole.

But i cant be bothered with that, so im waiting on your kind self!

No i was thinking... does the manifold stop at the begining of the cat, or does the pipe extend past where the cat originally was and connect on, removing the cat?

To be honest, i cant be arsed extending the lanbada. id probably just drill a new hole and braize on a threaded portion, then blank the original hole.

But i cant be bothered with that, so im waiting on your kind self!

Ahh ok :lol: yeah it stops at the cat i believe.