Snowy GTi

Clairey Fairy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes not going be happy when she sees that comment.

Adjusters out then!

oops :rolleyes:

well i dont think the wheels would work quite as well right down low

It's not possible to get the exhaust up any higher as it could melt the car because of movement in the exhaust system...

EDIT: Claire told me the exact reason!

Edited by treblet

Looks good Claire. I tend to agree with Jowey. Nice ride hieght a GTi should be drivable for the fun factor.

If you're too low and your worried about grounding out "all the time" you may have well as saved a shed load of money and bought a 1.0.

Dad Ray

Im not shocked at the ride height, im shocked at how funky sexy my baby boy looks! :D

Right height looks fecking spot on in those snaps, i really like it at this height - the handling is much better, and my tyres catch at the front when im bouncing down the twisties so its perfect :wub:

Just to re-itterate on the exhuast. I get VERY tetchy when it comes to after market exhausts. Mine was made completely custom, every pipe was bend and welded specifically for snowy. I completley dissagree with companies that use a developing car and just assume that every car will be the same. I picked the tailpipe as i love the size and shape, and obviously the back box is completely different to the OEM one. The standard tailpipes obviously "bend" up into the recess, whereas i chose not to go this route for several reasons. 1) I wanted larger tailpipes. 2) There is a fair bit of movement in the system. This is to allow plenty of room for vibrations as it can be quite boomy sometimes. 3) When a system is hot, it expands. This causes the exhaust to actually protrude from the cut out further, so by having it "too low" as some might say, this allows enough room for the exhuast to expand, but misses contact with the cut out, therefore no nasty burn marks/meltage/black crap that you see on some cars that have ill-fitting exhuasts. and 4) I want my exhuast to look aftermarket. Im not going to spend £300 on something for people to just pass by thinking its stock. Im an attention whore remember?!

:rolleyes:

Updates to come as soon as the Plastic Fantastic arrives. Ta for all the nice comments Homies :)

Fankoo :)

Just needs another bath now, we had some fun down some twisties on the way home from visiting my personal mechanic :lol:

You mean personal bitch who is too kind for his own good :P

Glad hes all ok, im still shocked an epc light can be caused by the wrong brake light still!

John

Thanks dude, chuffed i am! Cleaning the throttle body has made a HUGE difference - he drives smooth as silk now

I'd love to see you at spring fest mate but ive picked Volksfling instead! Hopefully next time everyone see's him in the metal he'll be dent free!

Thanks dude, chuffed i am! Cleaning the throttle body has made a HUGE difference - he drives smooth as silk now

I'd love to see you at spring fest mate but ive picked Volksfling instead! Hopefully next time everyone see's him in the metal he'll be dent free!

:( Shame mate!

When are you getting the sill repaired?

• 1 month later...

I'm making a mini update for Claire because she's off to the pub quiz... when I say mini update I mean VERY mini update!

Snowy now has black badges... and glossy 4 gloss black wheels. (I haven't been sent the wheel pictures yet though!)

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

Have a nice day

:)

Edited by treblet

It is now my sole purpose in life to run space savers :D

Will try and get some decent pics tomorrow when he gets a bath, the wheels look sooooooooo much better now ive taken the time out to do them properly :rolleyes:

Just gotta pick up my new brakes, and sort the bodywork out and im back in the game! :)

(Not that i was ever in it to be perfectly honnest :wacko: )

Edited by Clairey Fairy