stupid VW sales people

one litre wonder ;)

right im kinda on the hunt for another car and looking at a few different options ( was offered a 56plate new shaped SEAT Leon TFSI which is a 2litre turbo'd FSI engine with 200bhp with 6k on the clock and anthracite 18" alloys for £14k ) however i digress

i went into the VW garage and asked for some info about some cars , for a start the sales bloke didnt even offer me a seat to discuss things like adults which got my back up a bit for a start . now i am known in this garage as being the owners club guy that kicks up a hell of a fuss if theres so much as a mark on my car when i get it back however this guy must be new and didnt know me but the rest of the staff do . i asked him ( while standing up , and the look on his face of just f*ck off i cant be arsed with young people today ) . hes like " oh right what cars is it your thinking about looking at " , me " im looking at either a lupo GTi or a Polo GTi "

he bursts out laughing at me in the middle of the show room the staff look round " we dont make the lupo GTi any more"

this is when i really rip into him " exscuse me mate ( mate said really sarky and loudly enough the whole show room could hear me ) have you seen the car i have turned up in ? i take that as a no then , well if you had any sence i would go and have a look in your carpark its the car parked right next to the door and you will see why you have just made a tit of yourself infront of your work mates "

he walks over to the door , his co-workers at this point are trying not to laugh at him , he sees the CLUB LUPO show plates in the back side windows and he goes red

"oh , umm.."

me " yes as you can see , i know they stopped making them about a year or two ago and i will know more about those little cars than you ever will pal " and i start to walk away when he comes running back ( obv. trying to make a point )

" umm... mayby if we sit down for a couple of minutes i could have a look on the system for you to see if we could find any for you second hand "

me " yes well you do that then , and for future reference i wouldnt laugh at your customers , first rule of business , make your customer feel valued "

so i go over and sit down and he goes and speaks to his manager and comes back a couple of mins later ( after his manager slags him for me destroying him on the floor

he comes back rather jovial and says and laughs " yes hahahahaha well , we've not got any in and theres none showing on the system at all , even our manager hasnt seen one for atleast 3years , but theres one that comes in to get serviced occassionally and its got 110k on the clock , its hard enough to get your hands on a 1litre let alone the GTi's , however she did say that the wee arosa was the same , you might be able to get an arosa GTi

by this point i get really pissed at the guy " right , so could you not just tell me you dont have any in and not give me your lifetime singluar contact with a lupo thats not even for sale , then about hard to get your hands on a 1litre , eh , have you seen autotrader , the 1litres are 10 a penny and theres a few Lupo GTi's on it as well . clearly you didnt look at my car properly (gives a dirty look to the guy ) my car is an Arosa , and they never made a GTi arosa ! "

"well .."

i cut in

" do you even know what the GTi has on it ?"

" well.... the lupo GTi had umm... the 1.4 engine in it and a really good 100bhp engine i think with the option of xenon lights" all said really confidently

i rip into him once more for being a dick

" right so basically you think your a VW sales person yet you dont have a clue about the lupo GTi at all when its a 1.6l with 125BHP engine , yet the ones i can rememember being rolling roaded have been nearer 130BHP , all came as standard with xenon headlamps . so basically unless you can read you sales pitch from a current booklet in the show room you have no idea what it is your selling ? is that the case ? infact i bet you dont even know about the current range of VW's that are out and your ment to be advising people about ! what engine is in the polo GTi then ? then new one. "

" umm... the 1.6l engine and its a really low insurance group because of it " obviously hes thinking the previous polo GTi

" eh , what! its a 1.8T engine in the new polo , so you can stop wasting my time " and walked out .

how can it be that there staff are that incompetant !!!

my dad went test drivin a new focus st3 and the guy tried blaggin his head sayin he had one side ways round a corner at 140mph my dad just laughed!

but these sales people think they no everythin!

as for sales reps not having time for young people me and my g/f are currently lookin for a house and we went around manchester to get sum basic information about mortages the sales reps just didnt have the time or day for us.

any chance it was an arnold clark?

they lovely persons ****ed me over down to there complete lack of knowledge not even knowing the spec of my car before selling me it....

complete muppets,,,they see sum 1 yung and think they can take them for a ride..

It seems that he was just a run of the mill sales guy who's clued up about his commission and customers taking out finance plans...but when it comes to car knowledge...then they are seemingly hopeless at times.

I'd never buy a car from a main stealer. I don't have the time for them. lol

haha go craig!

I'd never buy a car from a main stealer. I don't have the time for them. lol

i got my gti from a dealer. if you go with the attitude that they don't know what they're talking about you can do quite well out of it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

LOL!!!, I was laughing to myself while reading the above.

Im a car salesman myself and its exactly what happens all over in every garage.

I have been building cars since leaving school and the mk2 fiesta, mk 2 golf was new. so know a little about the important things.

To put it this way I have confused a few mechanics with technical talk thats not wowd for word in there manual.

Anyway totaly agree with you as 99% of sales people in main dealers have no Idea what there talking about.

I see and hear it everyday and sometimes I feel like going over and putting then right but Id probs not last long if I did.

When you work in car sales you only know whats in the spec sheet and for most of them when the car is replaced they forget about it and concentrate on the new one.

To be fair we are in it for the money as its a job so the average customer walks in and sees a nice blue car with aircon and spot lights if its a higher model. next thing is how do i pay for it, finance gets the sales man more money and then a few addons. so all they need to know is a few things about the car and how they can pay for it.

I hate other sales people. I get letters of thanks, presents, tips. and thats because I will put then in the right car, tell then about the car, compare the choices they have made and advise. money doesnt even come into it until they have got the right car and they know about it.

Thing is its usually common sense once you know one or two of the models as the others are mainly using the same parts.

spec etc.

Some advise on buying cars. go to the guy who knows what you want and you understand what he is talking about, other wise you will be buying something you dont want and he is getting paid extra to sell you it.

Anyway back to what I was going to say, not all sales people are ****ers, wether it be house car or computer but 99% are.

Im so glad theres 1% have some Idea.

can I defend myself anymore?

Anyway totaly agree with you as 99% of sales people in main dealers have no Idea what there talking about.

You havent "Mistery Shopped" "Carcraft" recently have you! They make anyother sales person look professional...

the thing is , fair enough i completely understand that the guy didnt know everything about every car that VW deal with . what got my back up was the fact that he laughed at me as if i didnt know that the loop was discontinued and then wouldnt give me the time of day . and yeah it was arnold cack , woops arnold clark .

however the same day i went next door ( literally ) through to SEAT and the guy seen me get out of the car , met me at the door , shook my hand asked me how could he help me , invited me to come and sit down and look at what they had on the listings and really did try his hardest . also he openly admited that he was new as well and might have to go and ask a few questions ( yet i probed and probed about the leon and not once did he have to think twice about the answer and came back straight away with an answer ) the guy was really nice and a complete contrast , and to be nice i called up today and spoke to the duty manger and said that he couldnt of been more helpfull , only done it as you hear people complain when they dont get what they want but not often enough do people say when they got good service

He obviously didn't check hard enough as there's a GTI on the Approved Used Cars bit of volkswagen.co.uk at the moment.

Most of them try to blag it, if I dont know something then I just say Look mate I have no idea but I will find out for you. easy as that.

CARCRAFT thats french for poo i think... theres one along the road.

They make a fortune out of people it was estimated that all the branch in the uk make 45million a week. not sure if its true but I had people come here and they ask for a settlement and they have been stiched big style on finance. one girl came in and she had a c3, it was 3 year old and booked at 3k. she owed 8500 on the car and new there only 7999 but she was paying about 240 a month and had 3 year left, it annoys me cos i try my best to get the finance right for the customer but there game is to get the customer in rip there eyes out then get them out next please.

To make things worse me mate works there and he tells me some crazy stuff what goes on what id never do

Most of them try to blag it, if I dont know something then I just say Look mate I have no idea but I will find out for you. easy as that.

see the guy in the SEAT garage was like that , he was like , i wont lie , im new and if i dont know the answer i will ask and i respect people like that as theres no point in bullsh*tting it

I love it when this happens, surely know what you're selling. I have had a really good experience with parts staff though, really nice guys and help you out loads.

glad that parts people get a thumbs up!