Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

So ive been doing a little bit here and there.....

Currently trawling through wiring diagrams working out which of the ECU, ABS, airbag and aircon wires i can delete completely.

Looks a little bit like this wacko.gif

IMG_7164.jpg

So ive been doing a little bit here and there.....

Currently trawling through wiring diagrams working out which of the ECU, ABS, airbag and aircon wires i can delete completely.

Looks a little bit like this wacko.gif

IMG_7164.jpg

:lol: My stomach would turn if I got to that point, that is going to take some putting back together!

Why are you trying to delete cabling, to save weight...or....?

• 2 weeks later...

Any more new pictures of it in a million pieces across the inside of the tent?

Ummmmm got pictures of some wires......ph34r.gif

So i took out the heater and aircon unit so i could get to he loom, got to trace some more A/C wires back, it think they go to the fan module that im pretty much going to be loosing anyhow and using a simple fan relay setup with motor sport fans (dunno what makes them motor sport ones laugh.gif)

Need to do the front of the engine loom which has all the injector wiring that i don't use, various sensors that i have my own wires to and the lambada sensor. So that should be fairly easy, Going to have a good day on it on thursday. Then ive got to get the steering column out and take the peddle box out, and get to the back of the relay board and fuse box, to remove what i don't need from there (4-5 fuses).

IMG_7176.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7181.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7184.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

Yeah it will be good, gotta chop the dash about though to make it look right, then obviously have ti all trimmed after. But i think i can pull it off.

It really does make sense to do it, the wiring job has become a lot easier now the clocks and ecu are going. Canbus can be totally removed now and i don't need to worry about it, saying that i do need to have a look in to the immobiliser and central locking modules, as they still need power. But ive had them working with the clocks and ecu unplugged before.

Just gonna take my time with it.

I am setting it up to do:

Rpm, speed, gear selection, Oil pressure/temp, water temp, boost pressure, air temperature, AFR, EGT.

Thats all i should need in front of me, it has loads more you can connect up. Plus data logging if you want it.

John