Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Zircotec coating?? Yeah? Who told you about that? :coffee:

Take it your dad don't want to spend that amount on a new super charger? :lol:

Some bloke who thinks im a pikey apparently....... laugh.gif

Hes already forgotten that he offered that, I must remind him!

• 2 weeks later...

What it is yeah..

You had this lupo and it went POW

So you thought, if you dont have leather do you not have an interior?

Then you got home and put the leather up for sale.

Im lost on this project.

But one thing Im pretty sure on is:

When its finished AGAIN, its going to be...

****ING IMMENSE :wub:

Ummmmm yes.....

I took the charger off, and cleaned it up ready to send off.... Then i got bored, so haven't touched it again for a week, I must get on with sending it off.

Im contemplating stripping the engine down and making a few changes, increased compression ratio (~9.5-10:1) and ceramic coated combustion chamber and pistons. Waiting for a quote back from zircotec for it all at the moment as there outsourcing some of the work.

I can run the higher compression as i have the water injection to cool the combustion back down, will give me a bit more power too.

We will see, Lost the love at the moment, It should re appear soon though.

John

Ummmmm yes.....

I took the charger off, and cleaned it up ready to send off.... Then i got bored, so haven't touched it again for a week, I must get on with sending it off.

Im contemplating stripping the engine down and making a few changes, increased compression ratio (~9.5-10:1) and ceramic coated combustion chamber and pistons. Waiting for a quote back from zircotec for it all at the moment.

I can run the higher compression as i have the water injection to cool the combustion back down, will give me a bit more power too.

We will see, Lost the love at the moment, It should re appear soon though.

John

Crazy. Although I would do the same. :)

Whilst I see the benefits of doing the extra work now whilst its in bits, shouldnt you concentrate on getting it working as it is, rather than potentially creating more problems?

Is there a reason the charger let go? Surely the Mini boys are running them harder than this with no probs?

Whilst I see the benefits of doing the extra work now whilst its in bits, shouldnt you concentrate on getting it working as it is, rather than potentially creating more problems?

Is there a reason the charger let go? Surely the Mini boys are running them harder than this with no probs?

You should realise by now, i don't do things by half, there's alot of other things going to happen too that ive not even mentioned.

When it bounces back, it will bounce back better.

As for the charger, basically they don't like heat and being run in vacuum without the pressures of the inlet and exit matched. Add these together and they will eventually blow oil seals and seize.

I doubt the car will be there for UD, might make early edition though. Got alot going on with looking for houses in the imminent future and buying one, so that comes first. Once ive got my garage, then ill be working hard on it again.

John

Didnt realise you'd had these recent issue John. Good luck with all the remedial work and good luck with all the house stuff.

My dads mate had a split level house where the whole footplate of the house was his garage - that would be ideal!

He built a replica GT40 in his!

Stu;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...