Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Aquamist controller is on it's way back to me, all repaired and re-calibrated for my flow rate.

Just got to sort out a few wiring issues with it, need to sort out the injector set up as I'm not sure if my injector set up on the emerald does a priming pulse, something I need to look in to....

Should be done by Sunday I hope, gotta do some road driving mapping on Monday, then its off to emerald on Friday for a full session with dave walker. Cant wait

John

Well i have finally sorted out the wiring issues.

Need to completely rewire the injectors. But after ive done that then the aquamist will work. Its taken many conversations with emerald, and aquamist to get to this but basically the fuel pump relay does a lot more than you'd expect!

Small pulley done too, had the faces knurled slightly for more belt grip..... Should be alive and drivable on sunday, then just a week of setting up the aquamist and shes done!

Then a whole week to clean.... But thats going to be a new thread all together!

John

All back up and running now, Ready for tomorrow to go down tomorrow on the rollers to get the new injectors set up.

Controller all back, all in and system primed. All that's left to do is weld the boss in to the boost pipe and set up the W/I.

P1060114.jpg

P1060122.jpg

P1060121.jpg

Wiring all ready to change the injector wiring tomorrow or on Tuesday if we have the time.

P1060117.jpg

New pulley, with some comedy engraving......

P1060115.jpg

Im just happy its back in one piece, and it runs! still 2 weeks to go! Gave it a wash, first time in 2 months!

P1060113.jpg

John

Stuarts pretty good with the engraving kit. :lol:

Hope my Bathurts look half as good as yours. :)

What haye they done with your centre caps? Im still wondering what to do with mine!

Yours will look better IMO, because you have had the inside of the wheel done, and your inserts on the outside of the wheel. Mine are cut back, but not polished. I do plan to get them polished though, just money is tight at the moment, the guys didn't have time to do them last time, got them back 2-3 days before edition 09.

Just going out now to get Stuart, have a good fry up and then get cracking with the car, wooo.

Will hopefully get it on the rollers today, will see what the EGT's are like finally, going to take it to a max egt of 850 for now until Dave walker gets hold of it on Friday, might see a little bit more power, who knows....

John

What haye they done with your centre caps? Im still wondering what to do with mine!

Yours will look better IMO, because you have had the inside of the wheel done, and your inserts on the outside of the wheel. Mine are cut back, but not polished. I do plan to get them polished though, just money is tight at the moment, the guys didn't have time to do them last time, got them back 2-3 days before edition 09.

err.. There not back yet!

:angry2: Time for an email.

Well.... It's not going well.

Cars working, and running..... But a good 40bhp down on peak power. And we cant work out why, changed pulleys back and back again, 2 psi down on boost too..

Only making 165 at the wheels ATM, which is ~180.

100% water injection tried out and dropped the inlet temps down by 20c at full power, gone from 47 down to 27 which is promising for running methanol, should drop to sub ambient temps hopefully.

Got another day tomorrow to try and work out what's going on, going to check cam timing etc etc and start from scratch again. If I can't work it out then hopefully it will be sorted out at emerald, I'm really running out of ideas now.

Frustrated to say the least.

John

So found a bit of power, but its still down about 20bhp, although the charger will now only produce 10psi, rather than the 12-14 that it has done before, i dont think its going to last long and i can see a rotrex unit being saved up for soon....

Really not sure what's happened, but something isn't right. Either the rollers were out last time we run it, or its lost power. To be honest it doesn't feel slower, so i think it might have been the rollers giving me a bit of a special power reading. We will see on Friday though, im still being optimistic if i can!

Alot of it is in the air temperatures, 1 degree is making about 1-2bhp difference, its a huge amount, something that takes about 20 mins to really take effect on the rollers. When cruising its not as bad, as the airflow is better.

Air intake temp 26c - 180bhp at wheels

Air intake temp 43c - 160bhp at wheels

So hopefully on Friday when the water methanol is full sorted out, i can get a good 20-25c intake temp at 10 psi boost. We saw that water made a huge amount of difference to the temperatures. So methanol will take off more.

John

No s done a good job, just not making the power sadly, I think I've killed my second charger, but I will still be making edition. It made 164bhp at wheels with 160ftlb torque.

The charger drops off boost at 4000 rpm, almost like there's a hole in it. Drops from 9-10psi down to about 5-6 up to the limiter. Ive had a look at it and the coating is coming off the rotors, so at high speeds it isn't producing the puff.

It's not geared wrong either, checked with a bigger pulley and its nearly exactly the same just at a higher rpm.

Sadly the boost isn't there to make use of the water methanol either, but it's all there now for the future, I'll never give up, just going to take a break with it for a while and enjoy it for what it is.

I think next year will see a rotrex charger take the position of the m45, with water methanol to assist it, the m45 just don't seem to be up to the job which sucks.

Saying that, dave has done a great job of it how it is now, it's got a good 160ftlb (220nm) of torque at a really usable rpm which is alot for a 1600 motor. The power is still climbing until it hits the boost drop, so when I get the boost back however I do it the power should be back up to where it should be.

John

Sweet Jesus.

My day at work has consisted of reading this thread the whole way through. You sir have produced something very very special.

Despite the problems you have soldiered on, I'm sure this setback will be temporary.

Very well done!

Thanks, it does mean alot when people come on here and read the thread from start to finish. Makes me feel happy blush.gif

Its a minor setback, i have got to the point now where it doesn't stress me out as much now. It will be fixed and thats that, when i get round to it that is.

John

Will be good to see it at editon.

Atleast it's running and it's still the only one of it's kind :D

And do you ever stop working on it :lol:

Aye, i dont know how long it will be until another one pops up, By then ill have probably got the rotrex charger for it though.

Tell me about it nick! Im tired of working on the damn thing now!

See you at edition bud.