Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Well it's game over I'm afriad once again, won't be making edition sadly, currently waiting for a low loader on the M3

Supercharger let go on the motorway, smoke and oil everywhere, I don't think its done any engine damage though but the belt came off, didn't get wrapped up though. Just hope there's nothing majorly wrong other than an oily engine bay and a dead charger :-(

Think it will be off the road for a while now as I need to go back to the drawing board with this, obviously asking too much of these superchargers.

Well shes ready, no mad rush but im sure ill break down tomorrow somewhere.....

Tempted fate there John.

Well it's game over I'm afriad once again, won't be making edition sadly, currently waiting for a low loader on the M3

I'm really gutted for you. Absolutely certain you would've won multiple trophies for it this year. <Big hugs> :(

Supercharger let go on the motorway, smoke and oil everywhere, I don't think its done any engine damage though but the belt came off, didn't get wrapped up though. Just hope there's nothing majorly wrong other than an oily engine bay and a dead charger :-(

Think it will be off the road for a while now as I need to go back to the drawing board with this, obviously asking too much of these superchargers.

Absolutely gutted for you after all the work you've put in & looking at those pics :( Least you & the car are ok & there was no nasty accident! Hope theres nothing majorly wrong like you said & you can get her back up & running soon ;)

Gutted about the car John, but glad you still made it as was an awesome weekend and well I impressed you with my raving to be honest and you would have missed it otherwise lol... so challenge is on, car ready for Players now? ;)

Gutted John - you deserve awards for this awesome car, build and thread!

You have PM re: possible route forwards with the M45. :)

Thanks for the PM dude, really helpful!

I have sent them an email regarding getting a high spec charger build from the one two chargers i now own. We will see what they say, hopefully the most expensive part will be shipping it back and forward to them! aslong as it keeps under half the price of a rotrex then i am laughing, looking at them, they also come with a years guarantee.... which is longest than i have ever managed to get one to last for!

Emz - I love your raving moves! So funny

For now i dont think it will make players or westside due to me looking in to finding a high performance version of the M45.

Ill keep this updated as always!

John

Shes coming off the road im afraid sad.gif

Got a portable garage for her to sleep in whilst i spend some time working on her. I need to get this working right and haven't got as much time/money as i used to as im about to buy a house in a few months hopefully.

She will be back, and will be back with avengance.... dont worry about that.

John

Onwards and upwards... I'm sure it'll come back bigger and better. I still say go turbo, but I see your point with the simplicity and cost of keeping it supercharged.

Going a bit more "motorsport" with the interior?

Kind of motorsport, but kind of not..... Its just a change to all of it really. Hope it works well, and its not going to be in your face, i like it subdue tbh.

Supercharger research is looking better, Have a company in America that will be rebuilding mine and modifying it, they will be :

Porting and polishing, enlarged inlet and exhaust with blocked silencing holes, ceramic coating on rotors, gearbox case, rotor case and exterior of the charger.

They claim to be able to get alot more boost out of them, sounds very promising, but its not cheap..... saying that its still half the price of the rotrex set up before brackets and mapping so im hoping it could be promising for the future!

John

It came off somewhere on the way home...

Not sure if John took it off or if it blew off though

:huh:

Haha RIP the top hat that gave us so much pleasure :(

O yeh and John why the feck did you have a top hat in the Pug :confused:

Yeah the top hat didn't last long!

Well i haven't touched the car since it went wrong, im in disgust with it for failing on me.

Doesn't mean i haven't been planning, and working out ways round my problems, Its not going to be cheap but ill get it sorted once and for all.

Firstly, the exhaust manifold is going to zircotec for ceramic coating, This will keep the heat transfer down to the charger to start off with, also a new set of charger brackets will be made. The brackets will be moving the charger further forward, to hopefully clear the exhaust manifold by about 10mm. A new outlet pipe plate with a smaller pipe to match my pipe system will be made so the chargers new position will match the original pipework too.

The supercharger has been priced up and it having an $1000 overhaul and modification process carried out on it. It will be one of a handful of this spec M45's in the world, I hope its worth it!

- It is being fully ported to a 3:1 ratio from standard, will need a small pulley to see the main differences.

- The rotors and the case walls/interior are being stripped and recoated in a ceramic coating which is used on pistons and cylinder heads as a thermal barrier.

- The outside of the charger is being completly ceramic coated too, to keep the temperatures down again too. The cooler it stays, the more boost it will make.

- The bearings and seals are all being upgraded to high quality and high performance items with ceramic coating on the bearings.

- Expected boost figures are around 16Psi, Which i hope will be consistent. The charger is guaranteed to spin up to 25,000Rpm and also is guaranteed for a year.

I will be having a larger but hopefully lighter crank pulley made so i can spin the charger quicker without risking belt slip.

I am also fitting a bypass valve, anyone that looks at my set-up will be asking the question "why do you need it?" Well that's the same question i asked the charger guys, apparently if you equalise the vacuum pressure between the inlet and outlet of the charger, you drop the idle operating temperatures of the charger by 1/3 and that's proven.

Also, interior parts are starting to assemble themselves, and some ideas are coming together.....

Dont know if it will be ready for UD, but im going to try my best.