Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Looking schweet Casper, very shiney IMO.

How are you getting on the KW's ? good kit arnt they.

I dunno yet. I did the silly thing as soon as i got it back, I took the wheels off and took them to be refurbed, so i havent felt them yet but i can say they were very easy to fit, and set up though.

Havent got the goodridge brake lines on yet as my fluid is on back order, what a pain in the ass! Plus i think the rear hoses are wrong.... will phone goodridge tomorrow to make sure.

Very annoyed now as its started to rain, and under my security lights... i can still see really small swirls!! it will be the death of me!

Wheels back tomorrow...... Gotta sort the ride height then get the camber done.

More updates tomorrow no doubt.

John

Edited by Casper1496

Yeah they are gloss.... and take about 20 mins to become dirty! but they look great. Ill get some more photos up soon.

Now ive had the car back for a few days ive had time to assess the set up.

Firstly the ride is great, its not as hard as i expected, but still its very solid. You feel the road more, like your "one" with the road.

the KW kit was flawless... i mean what youd expect from the money but still, id definatly recomend it!

Ive got the ride height sorted out now, i find that if i go as low as the tyres on the top of the arches then i get a slight noise when hitting bumps. I think its was the dirveshafts on the chassis. But now ive raised it to 10mm between the arch and tyre and the noise has gone, and it is a very smooth ride. It dosent look stupid, and still gives about 50mm between the front splitter and the floor. I use it as the daily, travel 50 miles a day and havent had a problem yet.

Ive got a -0.5deg camber on the front. Thats the most positive it can be adjusted for the ride height, way within the specified limits fot the car too.

The front bushes make the car feel more twitchy when cornering, there alot stiffer than OEM ones and aslo a pain in the ass to fit if you leave the hub in place!

The understeer has become alot less now its lower and stiffer. Lowering the Cars C of G towards the deck helps alot with this, although i now find it torque steers more, but not considerably.

When you stand on the brakes, your eyeballs come out of there sockets! Very good discs and pads. When there warm there even worse! and the tyres hold the road very well, no problem with the ABS so far. Ive still got to change my fluid to Motul RBF600 as it only arived today, and work out a way to fit the rear brake hose. I think im going to cut the original pipe, flare the end and use a new union connector with a crush seal, and then find the correct banjo for the caliper... watch this space.

Puting on the rear ARB hopefully some time next week. And when janspeed get there act together, ill have the manifold and system off them. Then a set of cams with a unichip piggyback.

Hope to have it done by may, looking to go round cadwell park on the 19th of may.

John

Edited by Casper1496

That's a very nice GTi you have there, it's nice to see that you're going for quality parts with no expense spared, you'll find it makes all the difference. I ran the KW's, albeit V1's, on mine for nearly a year and did about 8000 miles and they were fantastic, you've made a very good choice.

Its my pride and joy. Its been treated to two washes since sunday so far!

When i get home and its still light, ill take some daylight pics, cos my cameras utter poo in the dark....

john

Edited by CasperGTI

Looking sharp :shades: Any other plans in the pipe line then?

Oh yes. Many plans!

Rear ARB, manifold when its designed and cat back system. got to mod the rear brake pipe to fit the hose in. Then Shrick cams with headwork and unichip remap. got someone who will knife edge my bottom end too.

Basically ill keep going utill i reach about 160-170bhp. Should still be reliable and a daily drive with that power.

I had a fund for a trip over to rothe motorsport for the turbo, but ive gone off the idea now, i like NA too much.

Got a few jobs coming up that will give me the money i need for the work, should have it ready by september i hope.

As for now ive got to make two brackets to keep the engine cover in place around the BMC. its fitted now but vibrates at about 5000rpm. got to play about with the cold air feed aswell to get it fully past the charcoal canister in the arch.

I want to get the bumpers smoothed, and the golf boot opening mech retrofitted. but im not to fussed when i do that, as im going to concentrate on performance for now.

John

• 3 months later...

Been Along time so thought id put up an update,

Fin ariel curtosey of mike m, and tried out the new menzerna RD final finish polish.

Black car, paint made by the devil! this is what i had to deal with:

P1000045.jpg

Heres the resluts:

P1000047.jpg

P1000048.jpg

P1000161.jpg

P1000162.jpg

P1000164.jpg

P1000118.jpg

P1000176.jpg

P1000168.jpg

Sorry about the splatter on the 3rd from bottom!

Do you reckon its worthy of a show and shine entry at ED38? Dont usually seen many black numbers enter these types of comp.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Ive got a makita or however you spell it rotary polisher, adjustable speed, does the job, i cant warrant buying another such as the dual action megs one.

dot matter what machine you use, its all down to the pad and the compound/polish.

Ive used this time, 2 passes with menzerna internsive polish, followed by 2 passes with the final finish RD. Then topped with Klasse glaze. Best result ive had so far.

John