Do you think the GTi attracts to**ers?

penry

Im on my easter break from uni now, so driving about a fair bit in the evenings to go see mates etc. A prime example last night, on the way home at about 10.30 i was pulling out of a junction when an "un-subtly" modified corsa B went past, full of boys. I pulled out behind, keeping normal distance between us. Then he pulls in, i drive past and then he pulls out and decides to tail me, weaving in and out and pushing me to race him. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

This happens all the time, the car seems to attract nobs. Its pretty much standard, only lowered on the outside. I wasnt speeding, attracting attention to myself or anything. Is it just the fact they see an 18yr old driving it? Because its starting to annoy me now, i just want to drive home quietly!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens to me, you always get the odd c*ck jockey wanting a bit of "sport" but i get great pleasure in sticking to the speed limits or pulling over onto the inside lane when necessary.

I can completely understand your view, i seem to find alot of this, keep having to tell myself not to rise to it....as my girlfriend reminds me.

not always easy though, silly ****s. I can only imagine they want to see how a hot hach actually performs!

Edited by SPIVEY

I can completely understand your view, i seem to find alot of this, keep having to tell myself not to rise to it....as my girlfriend reminds me.

not always easy though, silly ****s. I can only imagine they want to see how a hot hach actually performs!

i find it difficult not to rise to it either to be honest.

if i get a good stretch of road ill normally just boot it to get rid of them. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i think alot of it is to do with the boyos in slower cars want to see how fast your car is because its got a gti badge on and an exhaust out of the middle shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i think alot of it is to do with the boyos in slower cars want to see how fast your car is because its got a gti badge on and an exhaust out of the middle shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Or there just genuine nob's

i dont get it much, but im, a girl, and boys dont like racing girls if there is a chance they'll get beat!!

have had a couple girls try though, i rise to it every time and really shouldnt!! LOL!!!

I love it personally, but don't get annoyed if someone has a quicker car etc - i'll gladly pull over to let them pass.

Nothing more satisifying that eating up a windy road with great driving and making a shitty loud corsa look like it's reversing in the rear view IMO

And there i was thinking i just attracted them! There's a time and a place, from my mates house to mine there's a long common and some twisty lanes, can have a really good drive. (Only at night when you can see whats coming the other way obviously).

Its just the fact that, you're at the lights and you get some dick with a baked bean can exhaust just revving the tits off it. The other day i wished i had the arosa back, i saw my cousin driving it and it looked well cool. My father even notices it, he drove my car to B&Q as it was at the top of the driveway. When he got back he couldnt believe how many people stared at it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> My old man wearing my oakleys with the tunes on, all the girls staring at him. Cracked me up!!

i get the occasional look in traffic or whatever but cant remember anyone having tried to race me in it......

i drive pretty slow anyway so they'd not gain a lot out of trying to "race" rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i think most people just see it as a bodykitted, "zorst"ed basemodel Lupo with a "GTI" badge on it due to their relative rarity

Personaly I love it it's made even better when they have girlfriends in the car simple blow their missus a little kiss then leave them for dust oh and then u can't forget the slow down again to see if she gives you the eye

as for getting looks that just comes with the car the gti just has a presence i think it's the wide stance the arches and the 15's give it

Edited by matt~black

Funny that, I had an idiot in a Mitsubishi MPV goading me to race.

probably cause I had blasted past him at the previous traffic lights, he blasted his air horns (yes, air horns)

when I didnt move off quickly enough for him, held him behind me at a steady 20 until I turned off, much more fun that just blasting away.

You know your quicker & better, no need to prove it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i love racing my sport around im trying not but it is addictive, i love it wen you get the odd arsehole pulling up beside you thinking they've got the fastest car on the road and all you have to do is put your foot down and leave them and then at the next set of lights wen they've finally cought you up the look of dissapointment on there face , and then they start to realise what a **** car they've got no matter how many nos stickers and gti stickers they put down the side or how many stick on parts from halfords they have plastered all over there cars ! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I dont normally do racing but i had this old white thing pull up alongst side me the other night, was rocking back and forth obv wanting a traffic light derby.. i let him go till the next set, then just blew him away... really funny as when looked in mirror he was holding everyone up by being in the wrong gear going up a hill!! tit!

Personaly I love it it's made even better when they have girlfriends in the car simple blow their missus a little kiss then leave them for dust oh and then u can't forget the slow down again to see if she gives you the eye

lol that cracked me up I'ma try that 'gainst some 1.0 novas or summet lol. It's not just the GTi because I get it too an I've only got the 1.4 version. Its because your in a small car so they think you're inferior IMO. Range rover drivers are pretty bad from my experience and so are Transit drivers...yes Ford Transits...slowest things after Nissan Serenas!

NOCK

Nah not so much normal cars, its usually just young boys in their car, when there's a few of them. Most likely clios, corsas, and 106's. Why should i waste my super unleaded on them laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We should do top trumps, everyone prints off their spec and puts it in the side and rear windows. Then, for any chancer they can see if their car is as quick and if not then they should just indicate off and go home. Simple. If i was transport minister i would make this law haha

im with matt black on this 1 blow there miss a little kiss and shoot off.

but to be honest i never really get arseholes racin me other than my dad in his audi lol

I wouldn't go blowing his missus a kiss then a bit sick althou it depends

I seem to get this in the arosa and the other week had a clasic but odd case, sitting at a set of lights on the way to work and this golf mk5 GT TDI pulls up along side and was asking for a race god knows why its quite clear to see that no matter how much i try i havent got a hope in hell of beating him so why he bothered is beyond me? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> i just set off as normal and he shot off from the line if i had his car i think id be aiming a little higher on things to beat personally

heres the good side of it though flying back through the country lanes yesterday and came up behind an Audi A4 2.0 TDi now he was doing 40 in a 60 so i kept going and he saw me and booted it off and on the next two corners i caught him up but then we came up to the round about and its quite tight and has a camber to it, i was right up behind him as know these roads well, anyway he boots it into this roundabout and understeers and nearly goes through the bloody hedge i nearly overtook him the muppet, i then slowed right down and let him start off again and he looked in his mirror looking pissed off and i just shook my head roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> bloody reps rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne