RS2quattro's GTI - Lots of new pics 06/04/07 p2

RS2quattro

My mother bought my 1.4s, and after a hard slog saving, I have finally got a GTI 1stshootfront.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootrearquarter.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootrear.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootbrakes.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootinterior.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootknob.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootsills.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1stshootxenon1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Plan to add in the next wee while:

Rear aero wiper from polo 05>

Bettle/passat (whichever fits) sunglass holder, sprayed black.

Rubber mats for deepest,darkest winter.

Sound system (not much, just sub/4ch/comps)

Maybe a new head unit other than my alpine....

Thule rack system, so I don't damage the bootlid transporting bikes!

Next though is a full detail (with porter-cable, polish/glaze/seal/wax), as though it looks perfectly clean in pics, I want to take out a few scratches, do the engine bay, seal it up for scottish weather etc etc.

Edited by RS2quattro

That's rather nice!

You'll have to come out to meet the Scottish folks -- there seems to be a good few of us up this way. Maybe it's time for a mini-meet.

If you've got a PC, maybe you could show us all how to actually use one - I'm thinking of buying one, but just don't know how easy / difficult they are to use... £200+ from a UK supplier is a bit much to shell out on a flyer...

Deek.

(And if you do swap out the stereo, can I have first dibs on the CD player??)

Edited by dxg

Thats such a good colour shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Very nice car

I think its the VW Bora sunglasses holder that fits smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

Thanks everybody,

The car really is in excellent condition, very pleased!

Planning on the Thule Freeride 530, it's cheap ( rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) and looks like it will fit all the bikes I need it to. I plan on building the thule system with as many parts as I can from ebay, as you say, they are expensive!

Deek, I don't have my PC yet, I am still working out which products will be best for me. (I have to detail that filthy S4 in the background too, It dosen't get much love from it's owner sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ) Have a dig on detailingworld.co.uk, it is possible to get a discount from american suppliers if you look about. It's the rest of the kit that mounts up though, I was shocked when I added it up tonight. Still, not much more expensive than supaguard tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> .............

Navigation, I would like it, and prices are softening. Once you add on an ipod kit, shipping, and all your aerials etc it does get expensive. But it would look awesome! Maybe later.

Thanks!

Matt

Plan to add in the next wee while:

I'd add a shorter aerial to that list as well.

That is a very good car purchase, I am sure you are very pleased.

How do you find the Bilstein suspension, is it harsh in any situations/road surfaces. I would appreciate your comments as I plan to purchase the same.

EDIT: to say thanks for the comments below, made to my question above !

Edited by marc uk

The bilsteins are excellent, give you a bit more grip and stability, but not so much as to make the car seem underpowered or make you drive it like a maddy to get a thrill.

The ride isn't too harsh either (IMO)

(edit cos I kant spel)

Edited by RS2quattro

very nice mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> lovin the old loop in the background too laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Glad you are Loving the car Matt! Was a lovely little car! Please keep good care of it! I am loving my project Polo and will be mint by the time i am finished with it! I will be posting new pics this weekend with loads more mods done including 16" bbs split rims painted black with hand polished outers!

• 1 month later...

Added some things to the car in the last month or so,

Polo aero wiper

MyCar241206023.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Stereo MyCar241206016.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

MyCar241206009.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Alpine ipod adapter

MyCar241206015.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Sunglass holder, sprayed black. Not too happy with the finish, so I'm going to try again I think MyCar241206014.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Several layers of Megs NXT

MyCar241206005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

And some other pics...

MyCar241206003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

MyCar241206017.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

MyCar241206018.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

MyCar241206022.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

MyCar241206020.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

I am getting pretty severe alternator whine just now, so the car is going back into the shop to get that looked at.

Needs a service and tax too.

Anyhoo, I'm off to make like a beached whale after eating too much this afternoon...........

oooh, i like it! One of my favourites on the forum. How you getting on with it now you've had it for a while and have gotten used to it ?? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Car is running great, only thing is I would say is the clutch is a bit less positive (less stiff) then on the 1.4 I had before. It seems like the biting point is very sharp when the car is cold too.

Gearbox is a joy to use as well, anyone who drives with me can tell I like changing gear, as I do it a bit more than is really necessary blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> so it really is a big plus that it is so snappy and I have another ratio to play with...

Handling is good, you can certianly feel the difference the stiffer ARB makes. Dunlops are poop in the wet.

The speed change aint half bad too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

silver loop being front ended

Erm, no, it hasn't laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />. My Mum drives it now, and she is a consummate worrier on the road, she could never hit anything. It has had a scratch on the front from some kind person touch parking into it, but thats all. Needed a new bush at MOT time, I wonder if that was because of the coilovers whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm being a bit slow, but only just found this thread.

Great looking car, but then I would say that. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Glad its stayed in the forum though, hope you enjoy it!

Thank you, I am enjoying it. I look forward to driving it at every opertunity!

My amp is screwed into a carpeted piece of board which itself is jammed between the bulkhead thats behind the wheel well and the seat back (I think blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />. I'll check tomorrow if it isn't ).

Alternator whine sorted now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> , one of the RCAs was picking up interference right behind the dash I think.