New Car - What are the options

Poobah

Hi People,

Need your help on this one. Looking for a car which needs to have the following criteria:

Max 2 years old

Max 30k miles

Quick

Reasonable service costs

£12k budget excluding insurance

Current options are:

Civic Type R

Polo GT PD

Another Gti Loop

Clio Trophy

Megane 225

Opinions and other options please.

Cheers

Chris

Need something with warranty though. Why another Loop Gti? Mmmm why not? Nah l don't think its realistic but it is an option if l can't find anything interesting. Anyone know if the GT Polos are any good?

leon cupra facelift (2003 onwards) or cupra "R" or FR (diesel) conciderding increasing fuel prices!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

Umm was thinking of doing a different look but to be fair another GTi is a last resort as far as l'm concerned. Think its time to move on. Prefer to stay with a VDUB but its finding an interesting one thats the struggle.

Leon Cupra R is a possibility if l could get an 04 for that money at decent miles?

I would go for either the clio trophy or the polo gt. I dont know much about the gt's apart from they look nice, lovely wheels, they have a 6 speed box with a 130bhp dielsel engine, which im sure will be very quick. Plus you have a great base for some tuning potential. Oh and the interior is quite nice too.

I know with a JBS re-map circa £400 he GT can have 180bhp and 280 lb/ft which is healthy.

how about a mk5 gttdi?

cause i know where theres one for sale... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by andyp

Clio trophey. Fast, brilliant handling, rare and hopefully hold value quite well now initial depreciation has gone.

Megane 225. I really like these, again fast and good handling (if you get a cup or trophey).

Both Renault so built ***** and will fall apart but nothing else in the list interested me. What about a phase 1 Focus ST170. Stealthy car with very good engine and handling, much better than CTR in my opinion. Not sure if there are many last of the old shape ones about though.

Leon Cupra

20,500 miles, in Graphite. 6Cd multi-changer,FSH,air con,all electrics. Alarm and immobiliser. Lovely condition. Has not been thrashed. 1 years warranty left. Selling due to baby arrival. £10,500 ono. £10,500. ono

just as an example

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

Any of the three PD 'sisters' if you want something that kind of size. Or the Cupra TDi Ibiza possibly for 30 more horses. Badge will reflect price. Handling Ok, in gear brill. Tuning potential high compared to petrol equivalent and economy good (unless you tune it and then rag the ass off it).

Sold the Lupo now Chris??

If not then supercharge it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You know you want to!!!!!

Please dont get a Civic type R, theyre too overrated.

Focus st170s are slower than your Lupo.

Clio is an option, but id still rather supercharge your Lupo.

If your still not persuaded by me to keep your Lupo, then Leon Cupra R has got to be the one!!!!!!!

Tom

save a little more, stay in the VAG and go for a new polo gti! they are soooo much fun! i tried getting a test drive but our guy was like ive seen you drive!! ahahaha. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> but yeah that would be awesome. otherwise id stay well clear of the civic. way too common at the moment. and go for the polo or the clio. probably not the clio tho, just because i love the VAG!! hahabut yeah i would go for te new gti. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> theres nothing about it that isnt attractive!!!!

leon cupra r with either revo or apr pushes it to the 265-280 bhp mark makes them pretty nippy and well spec'd up.

i sold my yellow one about a month ago, let it go for £9500 thats with 22k on the clock, full service history, dvd player and tv screens in the head rests, then it was tinted to.

there good cars real good cars

Hmmm decisions decisions. Tom l hear what your saying but l haven't found a decent option for supercharging yet. Anyone got any info on companies? The main front runners are the Polo Gt and the trophy at the moment. I just can't bring myself to buy a CTR, its like the anti-christ of the DUB world!! Megane is hot but l can't afford the trophy sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />