Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

• 2 weeks later...
6 then. ;)

Yeah, I was unsure how it would look on a red car, but the paint had gone crap on the black bonnet and it was only cheap so I thought I'd give it a go.

Nope, it's a Eurocarparts steel one. My red aluminium GTI one is safely tucked away in my garage for when I get sick of people asking 'why?'. :lol:

mate, i love it when people ask why! its what i live for! hahah

love the bonnet though, im thinking of starting a collection so if you want to sell it let me know and il take it from you! :P

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

:paperbag:

i think that looks ace! recon you should try rover rust brown on them! its a wicked colour!

mate, i love it when people ask why! its what i live for! hahah

Aye. "Why is the bonnet like that? Are you waiting to get it painted? Look's like it's been in a crash and you can't afford to get it fixed"

Yeah, I crashed my car without causing any damage whatsoever, but all of the paint just fell off the bonnet.

:wacko:

Aye. "Why is the bonnet like that? Are you waiting to get it painted? Look's like it's been in a crash and you can't afford to get it fixed"

Yeah, I crashed my car without causing any damage whatsoever, but all of the paint just fell off the bonnet.

:wacko:

Did it really? Wow, that's really weird!

Ray

• 2 months later...

Had a good day cleaning today, put the red bonnet back on. It looks weird, been about a year since it was on. It's sitting a little bit high here as I'd just lowered it off the jack. Oh, and UK plates. :(

DSC08517.jpg

Also fitted some new sidelights. I bought some white LED ones ages ago, one went blue, one went green, then they both went pop. Ran the standard ones til a couple of weeks ago, when I tried a different type. They were blue too. So thought I'd try something different. Crap picture but you should be able to see.

DSC08520.jpg

Edited by Philplop

Yeah, always thought the bonnet and wheels would be too much.

I very much doubt it! It's rotten to buggery. Gonna salvage what I can (not much) and cut it to bits I think. That'll be the first job for the Caddy when that's finished... A trip to the scrappers.

Yeah, always thought the bonnet and wheels would be too much.

I very much doubt it! It's rotten to buggery. Gonna salvage what I can (not much) and cut it to bits I think. That'll be the first job for the Caddy when that's finished... A trip to the scrappers.

Thats a shame, my sis really wants a bug, but she carnt have one, we have enough cars already :lol:

looks alot better with the normal bonnet on mate :)

Ah, i see the white lupo GTi now lives here! Will keep an eye out for you ;)

you just need something to tie the wheels in with now!

They match my sunglasses!

DSC_6706Large.jpg

Only got these photos off my mate a little while ago, they're from a couple of days before Edition38 last year.

One to show the stretch... Look at the back wheel!

DSC_6729Large.jpg

And one for the camber... So that's why my front tyres lasted a week.

DSC_6690Large.jpg

Edited by Philplop

I too prefer the red bonnet, it also looks great on the orange rims. I still think i like it with the 'rack and 'compo's that little bit more though :)