What would you do?

paulbin

As VW ruined my polished teardrops by covering them in wheel acid, and they cant find a place to polish them back up, the aftersales manager said he will give me a new set of wheels as a replacement.

So i asked if i would keep mine and he said yes, so thats my teardrops that i can polish back up myself, and a brand new set of wheels as a replacement.

The only thing is the wheels would have to be a genuine VW wheel.

Do people know of any nice VW wheels? part numbers etc.

OR

would you find a company that will refurb the wheels and give VW the bill??

Gutted for you mate, they looked spot on

Don't you polish them last time? If so, do it again and get free rims!

For your car I'd sugest BBS RX2's (Polo GTi) would look sweet on your car.

Edit: Damn you Andi! Got in first.

Edited by Adam-B

Whatever you can get your mitts on thats worth a few quid - get them, ebay them, pay to have your wheels refurbed, pocket the difference. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

You lucky sod - I wish all stealers were that reasonable!

I'd get something with the highest resale value, sell them on and polish yours back up. The Polo BBS Splits are likely to be along those lines, so I'd agree with pretty much everyone else.

r32 wheels are cheapy.......cos their made by oz...and seem to have a habbit of falling off lorries and ending up on ebay.

if your looking to make some decent cash then go for either:

polo gti bbs splits

mk4 aniversary bbs splits

beetle rsi wheels.....if they know what they are.....

any of those should make you a few quid, with the aniversary and rsi wheels being the rarer ones......

I would imagine it extremely unlikely they will let you pick the 17inch Monzas standard to the Golf GTi, or the optional 18inch Monza 2's, or the 18inch Zolders from the R32, but if they do, go for them, people will pay good money for them!

My vote would be with the Polo GTi or the Lupo's Bathursts. They do some nice big wheels on the current Polo TDi Sport though, almost Audi RS6 looking is the best way I can describe them.

some polo splits recently went for £250 and the rims needed work,

i was tempted to put these on my golf a couple of years ago but decided they were to small, but they would be my top choice for a loop.