Rear lights

Mike_M

I like them against a Silver car.

One, thing though they do seem to suffer from condensation.

Cant remember how Twisty cured it, but it can be done.

Cambridge lights are all well and good, but they are on 50% of the cars in the Club!

Yup. Cambridge lights are cool, but everyone has them. Not so keen on the aftermarket clusters, but the one's you've suggested aren't too bad.

I've got a spare set of standard clusters to play with... not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll think of something... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hmmm, not bad, i really cant stand the poisoning of the Vdub scene of all the lame Lexus style etc, but these arent too bad. i was thimking of using late arosa clusters on mine but are not fully convinced yet

Yup. Cambridge lights are cool, but everyone has them.

That is what I was thinking too and wanted to be a little different without being tacky biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I could get Cambridge lights as I have not even seen another GTI down here yet, but did see an original Cambridge yesterday at the dealer.

ive been out of vdub circulation for almost 2 years, can anyone explain this cambridge edition thing? ive heard of oxford edition and edition one, blue and 38 though

How about making your own rears? My mate did it on his Golf...he took the old lens off and used a plastic shower screen to make a new lens!

Heated up a section of shower screen and moulded it over a light then he smoked the inside using a tinted laquer aerosol then fitted the together, they looked awesome!

ive been out of vdub circulation for almost 2 years, can anyone explain this cambridge edition thing? ive heard of oxford edition and edition one, blue and 38 though

Its just another special edition Lupo. Nothing particularly mysterious, see loads over here.

Personally, the idea that everyone else on the forum might have Cambridge lights doesn't bother me in the slightest, I got them because I prefer them to the standards, so I'd just go with what you feel like. If it were me choosing between the standard lights and those lexus like thingys, I'd stay standard, much nicer.

as tigz has said the cambridge lights are nice but are far too common and the whole idea of modifying is to do something thats different and most of all to how you like it

actually i disagree - the whole idea of modding is to build a car to your own spec - if other people choose to have the same that shouldn't detract from the fact that they have built a car to look how they want it. not being arsey mate - just how i see it. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

as tigz has said the cambridge lights are nice but are far too common and the whole idea of modifying is to do something thats different and most of all to how you like it

Basically what i was saying in a round about way mate but also stressing that most people(not all) also do it to stand out laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by The subtle modder

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like so much lexus-style taillights, 'cause here in Italy everyone has got them, and it is mainly a 18-years-old-just-drive-licensed-stupid-guy thing!!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It's just horrible seeing old cars of then years ago pimped with this lexus lights, and seeing the proud faces of their owners!!!

So, according to me, the original lights of lupo are not so beautiful to see, 'cause they are not transparent and too simple in the aspect.

The best thing would be getting some LED tailights, as I posted a lot of time ago...

The only one existing are from Hella, but they're so ugly!!

And you have to paint them as your car paint, fact that I don't like at all...

Maybe the best solution would be this: get lexus-style or cambridge lights, and change the normal light (stop/position and arrows) with a matrix of LEDs.

The car with one of the most beautiful LED taillights that would be perfect (as shape) for Lupo is the BMW 3-series (cabrio/coupe 2003 edition).

What do you think about?

Ciao!

You can get those FKs with a silver back as well (as opposed to black). I don't think condensation was the biggest problem, some people that had these lights had a whole boot floor of water. Not too good with the battery in there.

Personally, well, you know me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The "Cambridge" is officially the correct light for the GTI.

Edited by bossjohnc

I don't think condensation was the biggest problem, some people that had these lights had a whole boot floor of water. Not too good with the battery in there.

I know exactly what you mean, mine were fine for ages but when it rained heavily i ended up with damp back seats as the water had just come through the hole where the wires are sent through. This is because the standard tail lights have a seal on the back of them which stops water getting down the hole and inside the car. Quick fix is to attach some sheet rubber to the car which has a small hole in it so you can push the wires through. An old bike inner tube is a good place to start. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i say take them they look great against the car

where can you get them anyways? might wanna get rid of my lights in favour of those

Edited by findy