Another Polo GTi thread..

db

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, the front looks spot on with the tinted headlights and the red around the grill, although you'd expect xenons as standard. The arches don't seem to be flared much and the rear looks a bit bland. It's listed on ETKA with the 1.8T 150 which is ok because it's tuneable as we know, but in standard form i can't see it being quick enough. Expect 0-60 in about 8.1 secs as thats what it is with the engine in the ibiza. It would be an opportunity missed if they didnt put the 1.4 TSi in it.

It's a bit boring looking! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

On the other hand i saw a new leon last night and that was well nice. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I'm in the wrong job

"OK guys, time to make ze Polo GTI"

"OK let's get some wheels off ze Golf"]

"OK, now lets not paint zis bit of plastic where ze front numberplate goes"

"OK, get ze red piping, put that round ze grille, someone fetch some foglights"

"Stick the engine in schnell schnell, the sauerkrauts going cold"

"Das ist gut ya"

couldnt agree more the rear end looks like it could of come off one of them wardrobes on wheels, what they called again....................thats it wagon r , and dihat**** made one aswell,

Initially no xenons, not even an option for at least 3 or 4 months after the cars debut. Engine will be 1.8T 150bhp. Wheels are the same style as the Golf GTi only in 16", Fox GTi will have them in 15"?.

base price will be around 20.000€

apart from that... i want one biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Blue Loop

i know someone will ask so here's the fox gti

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"OK guys, time to make ze Fox GTI"

"OK let's get some wheels off ze Golf"

"OK, now lets not paint zis bit of plastic where ze front numberplate goes"

"OK, get ze red piping, put that round ze grille, someone fetch some foglights"

"Stick the engine in schnell schnell, the sauerkrauts going cold"

"Das ist gut ya"

Pipe down everyone! Be excited that VW have made a Polo GTI and stop trying to rubbish it. OK, so it looks similar to the Golf....but is that really a bad thing? It should handle well, it'll be pretty quick, it'll be well made and it will be tuneable. Name me one current car in a similar price bracket that can compete with it (and no....the 182 isn't a current car 'cause it's now discontinued). Anyone would think this was a Vauxhall forum with a bunch of people who don't want VW to succeed in making a range of driver orientated hot hatches.

i quite like it! tho not sure on the fox gti, looks too tall!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol quote from that site "Muy bonito. Pero no llamadlo "minigolf"como en forocoches"

To be honest im generally unimpressed with the way car design is going and i agree with twisty b-road.

The golf, lupo and the polo where all really inovative designs when they first came out , none of them looked the same. now they are just all variations of the same car and it just shows that either they are running out of ideas or they are just being lazy!

Looking at the new leon its pretty sweet but lets face it ITS A F*****G ALTEA WITH A LOW ROOF!!

Need fresh ideas!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

Pipe down everyone! Be excited that VW have made a Polo GTI and stop trying to rubbish it. OK, so it looks similar to the Golf....but is that really a bad thing? It should handle well, it'll be pretty quick, it'll be well made and it will be tuneable. Name me one current car in a similar price bracket that can compete with it (and no....the 182 isn't a current car 'cause it's now discontinued). Anyone would think this was a Vauxhall forum with a bunch of people who don't want VW to succeed in making a range of driver orientated hot hatches.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wouldnt say vw are making a driver orientated anything.......its all about the $$$$

tbh it will most probably be kinda ****y.....and as for the fox....well lest said the better.

this isnt said to rubbish vw, but they have made some cracking cars and never bothered to pr them properly, their customer service is quite frankly ****, the build quality isnt what it was, and some of the materiels are shocking.

not that im ever gonna stray from buying vw's though...but theyre by no means perfect, and just because they stuck a gti badge on something doesnt mean its any good......i could crap in a box and stick a vw roundel and a gti badge on it, would that mean it was any good?

lol! i know what you mean! i love the look of my lupo, it stood out on a forecourt of cars that looked pretty much the same! nothing from any manufacturer is truly individual anymore!

Release date pencilled in for January isn't it? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I'm not sure on this one, I'm kinda 50/50. I like the idea of getting a more tuneable powerplant in the Polo GTI, I sort of like the rear lights a bit but would have smoked them to match the fronts... but basically the concept of making the 9n3 GTI in the mould of the Golf 5 GTI can't be a bad thing, I think the Golf is bloody fantastic, despite only getting a short two laps driving one I really really want one! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would like to get a test drive in a new Polo GTI when they become available, although with a bit of luck my local stealership will be on the ball and will be phoning me up offering me a set of keys and a trip to North Wales with a tank full of fuel laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Seeing as the 1.8T unit is quite tuneable, is it likely that VW will have modified it to fit the car's characteristics or will it be straight out of a Golf mk4 with little or no tinkering d'ya think?

BTW, if I were to have one, it would absolutely have to have xenon lights cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Oh and as for the Polo Cup, the 2004 series (using previous generation Polos) cars all wore the Votex kit, so it is possible that the shots of the Polo Cup cars are kitted out the same way...? Also, I much prefer the single-exit 'zorst on the Cup cars to the twin-exit on those transporter shots smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers

lol! i know what you mean! i love the look of my lupo, it stood out on a forecourt of cars that looked pretty much the same! nothing from any manufacturer is truly individual anymore!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol and a lupo is???

there are loads of cool cars! dont forget the Polo has always been a lady's shopping car, so this is pretty cool IMO!

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />