Mark2Ikeda's Lupo Gti

mark2ikeda

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a couple of weeks and the car is back from the paint shop :)

The wheel centres are all painted to match the car now! The wheels are VS-XX, made in Japan by Work. I have spent a few days removing all the paint on the mounted surfaces, removing all the sealant and cleaning up the outer rims prior to fitting them all back together. I took this opportunity to repaire the curb damage and managed to still keep the all important anodised finish on the rim. I have replaced the fixings with Schmidt high tensile Gold Plated bolts all thread locked and torqued to 22nm.

The front outer rims have been replaced with 1/2 inch smaller items.

The wheels now measure 7x17 ET 35 and the rears are 8x17 ET22 and are fitted with some seriously stupid profile tyres...and stretched! :blink:

ReworkedWorksps34.jpg

ReworkedWorksps19.jpg

ReworkedWorksps15.jpg

ReworkedWorksps4.jpg

Next up, its time to fit the interior back in.

Nice finish. the 185s look bang on. should sit nicely. when it all coming together and going to be finished?

• 2 months later...

Well words cant express my delight in winning Best Lupo at Edition 38 2008 and even the poor weather on Sunday hasnt put a damper on that.

The Lupos at Edition this year were awesome and a credit to the owners. It was nice to have the opportunity to speak to some of you from Club Lupo. The forum has and continues to be a real inspiration during the ongoing build. Theres some clever s**t on here!

I was helping my good friend Duncan from AI Audio educate and demonstrate car audio in BBG's marquee. It was really little thanks for all there hard work and a pleasure to do so. Its been a while since I have posted but at least I was able to get some pics on Saturday for you to see. Now Edition has passed I intend on finishing a couple of other ideas that I have for the Lupo and then I can sit back and enjoy it. I might even consider selling soon. We'll see.

Thank you to everyone that commented on the car and expressed positive comments at the show. I really apreciated it!

LupoEdition382008PS26.jpg

LupoEdition38200838.jpg

LupoEdition38200827.jpg

Me making a fool out of myself :blush:

LupoEdition382008PS6.jpg

LupoEdition3820085.jpg

LupoEdition38200883.jpg

LupoEdition382008101.jpg

Carbon Bonnet with brushed boarder. What do you guys think...keep it or ditch it??? I have the original alloy hood to put back on. I had the bonnet painted at the same time as the car fortunately ;)

LupoEdition38200888.jpg

Check the paint when the sunlight hits...and no its not ANTHRACITE!

LupoEdition38200816.jpg

LupoEdition38200818.jpg

LupoEdition3820088.jpg

LupoEdition38200899.jpg

I took the dash out and had it retrimmed in Recaro's Dynamica aka Alcantara to match the Club Sport seats. Centre console included. Be rude not to right? I have had the door cards and rear speaker panels retrimmed in Exmoor Leatherette. The original rear seats now match the fronts. The stereo surround, windscreen vents and numerous other interior fittings have been vacume vaneered in piano black polyester resin to match the GTi fittings and custom component speaker housings. 3L mag steering wheel with genuine airbag and horn push :wub:

LupoEdition38200873.jpg

LupoEdition38200885.jpg

LupoEdition38200871.jpg

Snicky pic of my new W6 and 500/1 thats replaced the MTX 7500. 12 inches of sexual Bass. Enough to make your eyes water girls :lol:

LupoEdition38200870.jpg

Very nice Mark, had a good look round it at the weekend, everything goes together very well.

There was alot of tidy Lupos so well done for taking the top prize :shades:

I would keep the carbon bonnet, just right with the colour.

Where did you get the idea for fitting a mk5 tailgate handle though ;)

Car looked spot on! Not into ICE, but it was a tidy install and the colour suits the wee Dub perfectly.

Bonnet looks cool so I say keep it on; and you've always got the alloy bonnet for a slightly different look if you want it.

One thing though: I wouldn't want to be dusting all that Alcantara!

:)

Truly stunning, i always liked it when it was silver, but it is in a different league now. I love the colour and i like the idea of putting a border on the bonnet, its a really nice, subtle touch. Congrats on winning the top prize, especially with the amount of top Lupos that are about.

Loved this car! I'm not into audio stuff either but the install was really nice, everything on the car was though!! :D

I quite like the bonnet, didn't even notice it was carbon on the Saturday, wasn't until i was stood next to it when you and Paul were waiting in the holding area for the prizes that i spotted the paint blended into carbon. Thought it was a nice touch! B)

Looked awesome, the whole car works really well...top work!!

Defiantly keep that carbon bonnet B) love it :wub:

Hey Paul,

Jus wanted to let you know the backbox fitted just as you said. Looks and works perfectly and Im really happy with the exhaust!

Cheers dude.