There's a 3L for sale on gumtree!

Rickpercy87

Pretty cheap tbh. Never seen a taff green one come up before. "not just for women" indeed...cheeky :lol:

I do like the punto to be fair.... 3L would be cool to have tho. If I was having one I would turn it into a show car. Air etc. maybe once the golf is done

If I owned it I'd take it to a show.........and burn it.

A 3L or a Punto? I'm going to assume you mean the Punto lol. They aren't all that bad. Cracking little runabout cars in truth. Better (And safer I imagine) than a Citroen Saxo or Poxhaull Corsa. Worth **** all obviously (Even the new ones go for peanuts), but they give a lot of car for not much dosh. I'd have probably had a Punto if I wasn't so attached to Lupo's.

Why would you buy a 3L and use it only for shows? Their entire raison d'être is for efficient, affordable, green motoring.

Seems stupid to lock it up all week.

Buy it, modify it lightly; probably just lower it to be honest, probably on air, to get the best tuck from the skinny, but sexy wheels and drive it every day.

...and you would need to keep the efficiency rated tyres to get the best return per £.

If it was silver, I would even be tempted myself at a lower price.

Unfortunately it's an automatic.

:lol: The classic statement by someone who's never driven a 3L.

Taking a 3L to a VW show is a waste of effort, unless you just want to save money travelling there. I did get someone ask me where I got my grille from once. :doh:

:lol: The classic statement by someone who's never driven a 3L.

Taking a 3L to a VW show is a waste of effort, unless you just want to save money travelling there. I did get someone ask me where I got my grille from once. :doh:

Why? They're a rare car with historical significance? I can't see how 50 different R32 Golf's is special but a 3L Lupo isn't ?

• Like 1

Why? They're a rare car with historical significance? I can't see how 50 different R32 Golf's is special but a 3L Lupo isn't ?

It must be just because the 3L is just too rare in the UK, to the point where no one knows what it is, so they just take no notice whatsoever. Mine is bright yellow, so it's not like you can miss it in the middle of a paddock.

Maybe people at shows just aren't interested in standard cars, rare, historical significance or not. It's probably all about the mods.

I did get plenty of laughs taking it up the strip at Inters a few years ago, but I'm still not sure anyone appreciated the significance of the car.

^^ but what was your mpg? :swerve:

I wasn't saying "don't take it to shows" I was saying "don't garage it and save it for shows".

I agree with Derv though, too many show attendees are single minded. A couple of years back at Edition I spent quite a while talking to owners of fantastic standardish Mk1/2 VW Sciroccos, but everyone was ignoring them for the scene queens. Shame, as I've never seen them back since.

Exactly. For example, I would turn up to a show in the 3L, and people would say, "Where's your S8?" Because that was on Bilsteins and LMs, I suppose it was of more interest to show attendees, and probably rare enough, but not so rare to the point that it is completely unknown.

That's a shame. You get someone turn up in a car listed in the Guinness World Record's and yet everyone is too busy jizzin over a couple of Barried Golf's I imagine.

I wouldn't say "Barried" in fact you probably wouldn't get past security at Edition if your car was considered "Barried".

Lol Ray skezza is single handedly re inventing the scene...

Lol Ray skezza is single handedly re inventing the scene...

Oi hahaha! :D

I just think the 3L is a car that should be appreciated more. I don't see how a bunch of modded Golf's (unless they're MK1 or MK2) are in any way more interesting than a 3L. Anyone can mod a Golf R32, if they have enough money, so what makes them any more interesting than the one to the left? In 30 years time when most people have forgotten about R32's and the MK1 and MK2 are the holy grail of VW Golf's, the legacy of a 3L Lupo will still remain. Ah well, just an opinion.

What you have to remember is, we all know of the 3L on here. Not everyone does, hell I bet there's a large number of people on edition that think Mitch just purchased some sort of votes kit! 3Ls are cool, but speaking of the whole scene, they don't compare to a mk2 golf limited ;)

What you have to remember is, we all know of the 3L on here. Not everyone does, hell I bet there's a large number of people on edition that think Mitch just purchased some sort of votes kit! 3Ls are cool, but speaking of the whole scene, they don't compare to a mk2 golf limited ;)

Like I said, it's hard to find many cars more awesome than a Golf MK1 or MK2, the 3L included. If I had a bit more money, and a bit more time so I could actually do it properly, I'd buy a Golf MK2 GTi and tidy it up. My old football team coach had a Golf MK2 GTi in white in mint condition and I absolutely loved it. probably the first car I fell in love with haha. The second was my high school PE teachers 2.8i Ford Capri :D (to be fair, most of my peers were too busy ****ing over the models and Barried up Fiat ****o's in max power to appreciate good cars)

Edited by Skezza