"Stanced"

scotty_82

Overused and misunderstood, discuss !!!!!

To me its the fine art of getting several or all of these just right

Wheel fitment (choice of the actual wheel design/colour/finish)

Wheel specs (width,dia and offset)

Tyre choice

Ride height

Now all of those combined but matching to the car.

E.g a muscle car can have epic stance with a nose down ride height, solid side walls, wide front wheels and skinny front wheels.

Now that system isnt going to work on a polo really and fit in to whats considered looking good at the moment.

Being low and having stance IMO are two different things.

low is Just Low as frigg

and stance is when as scotty said,

the wheels, Tyres, and right height all come together

and create a perfect fitment for the car.

Most of the time people just get it so wrong.

big wheels, bold colour.

stretch.

coils.

Never actually consider any of it to make it work, just looks bad.

& camber always looks shit.

I chose to never use that word anyway...

too many people think they are "stanced" because they have cut chunks out their car or drive it on the floor.... IMO that looks **** most of the time. stance is not about being as low as physically possible or using tiny wheels to get lower etc.

Its about having a car that looks good when its stationary to me. I couldnt care less if its on air, fancy wheels etc... if it looks good its got good stance... therefor its stanced.

• Like 2

Was ust thinking this the other day, living within hills I thought about dropping mine lower, but just can not stand what I like to call

'Pac-man' wheels!

Where the coils are wound down ridiculaaaarsly low with small or undersized wheels and the arch looks like its (pac-man ref) gobbling up the wheel. Just looks shat

Stance:

Lada-Niva-4x4-green.jpg

Stanced obviously is a personal thing.

In general I reckon it makes the vehicle look aggressive and ready for action [even when not moving]; which is loosely the meaning of the word, though generally related to a human or animal.

Oxford Dictionary definition of stance

noun

1 the way in which someone stands, especially when deliberately adopted (as in cricket, golf, and other sports); a person’s posture: she altered her stance, resting all her weight on one leg

2 the attitude of a person or organization towards something; a standpoint: the party is changing its stance on Europe

3 Scottish a site on a street for a market, street vendor's stall, or taxi rank.

4 Climbing a ledge or foothold on which a belay can be secured.

Which generally a lowered car, with a wider track at he back will do.

I think the problem is what the word is used for ,if you have thought about your ride height and wheel/tyre choice and got the wheels on the car where you wanted them .you have "stanced" your car. The word "stanced" to me seems abit american though for some reason.

I'd just normally say the wheels fit nice

I was only playing poker with him last night and he said he loves stance, then I couldn't get him to stop saying it all night, he had no clue what it meant, just kept on using it randomly as if it was some kinda poker term, flippin goon.

What about the word "shank" - does it refer to a cut of lamb, or having a crap and a fiddle at the same time.......?? :lol:

Edited by Joti

the 'Club lupo' definition of stanced is:

Stupidly low at the back (moreso than the front) and wheels with a stupid offset that don't fit the car...

Sorry if this offends the owner but: This is NOT stanced... It's 'Abortioned' which is when someone tries to give their car good stance and gets it horrifically wrong.

photo_13.jpg