GTi miles to a tank

adesignercallednick

I find the first quarter lasts about 80 miles, then the remaining 3/4s fall steadily under that mark! I can get about 350 at a push if I'm proper grannying it and on a long run.

I work it out the other way,

ie mpg... fill it up to the brim every time,

divide the litres by four and a half to give you gallons used

and then divide number of miles driven by the gallons and gives you mpg , far more accurate and you know exactly what you have done and how much difference the roof rack makes, over the course of the last year I got between 36 and 42 per gallon which for a GTi i think is pretty gooood

Mines my daily drive and out of a full tank I easily get between 220 - 260 depending on my mood.

I've had a slow puncture recently and have been working long hours to meet a project deadline so I've been putting air in it every 2-3 days and I just made 200 - I was shocked at how much difference this made.

94 miles to my last full tank of super unleaded..... that was driving after remap ;)

Motorway trips I can get 170-200 and general tank is about 140 miles on average!

Either you have about 200bhp or something is borked

Either you have about 200bhp or something is borked

It's unfortunately just above 145bhp, however I had a very heavy foot that day! I do only average normally 150 miles to a tank though but nothing's wrong with the car itself.

For the first year I had mine I either drove it in town, or flat out down the dual carriageway for 15 miles to Uni and back. And I got 180 miles every time.

I can't believe that it's possible to get only 90 miles from a full tank, or average 140 miles.

Once I stopped going 125mph everywhere I settled in to about 240 miles per tank, and could get about 350 on a long motorway run.

Edited by Philplop

For the first year I had mine I either drove it in town, or flat out down the dual carriageway for 15 miles to Uni and back. And I got 180 miles every time.

I can't believe that it's possible to get only 90 miles from a full tank, or average 140 miles.

Once I stopped going 125mph everywhere I settled in to about 240 miles per tank, and could get about 350 on a long motorway run.

I was shocked hearing from someone who said they got 300 miles from a tank! I'll fill up to the brim tonight and I'll reset clock. It was however better before modifications so that probably has a lot to do with it.