can someone explain why there arent many Lupo 3L s about?

Sp3nny

seen a lupo on here with a 3L grill, and the one that the guy wrapped in army green, but apart from that....where are they? can someone explain

There was one for sale on the Autotrader site this week but looked today & it isn't on there anymore!

Also have to note that they are LHD

they are extremely rare that is the main reason ... but you had to import them as ray says and they cost alot due to theyre amazing mpg

they are extremely rare that is the main reason ...

Why arent there many xxx?

... because they are rare...

No flies on you!

When they were released petrol was 80p a litre, not much demand for high mpg vehicles then.

ah cool, just wondered, are they more commonly right hand or left hand drive?

No flies on you!

When they were released petrol was 80p a litre, not much demand for high mpg vehicles then.

yep i know i am honestly that good :P but that is the reason theyre isnt many about theyre rare :')

ah cool, just wondered, are they more commonly right hand or left hand drive?

only left hand drive i believe

No flies on you!

To be fair pat is right... there arent many because they are rare... and they werent produced for the UK market...

why else would something be rare? i think this is about the only answer that could be used so keep your flies to yourself! :thumbsup:

And i think they released it as a "test" to prove it could be done. it won numerous awards when it was released.

more of a concept type idea than a mass produced car i think.

I bought the one that was advertised on Autotrader and picked it up yesterday. The 'wife' was thrilled to see two Lupo's on the drive. She was slightly confused actually. My 1.4 TDI is now on Autotrader if anyone fancies a really nice TDI.

I'm on a bit of a car downsizing movement at the moment having been very happy driving the TDI. My poor BMW E39 530d Touring has been sitting outside the house pretty much unused for the last month. The Lupo really is a car that you can do miles in. It is much louder than the E39 but that's to be expected.

First impressions on the 3L, softer ride than the 1.4 TDI but not much. All feels very high tech and a little exclusive. Driving it home from the dealer in Chesham which is 25 miles from where I live the average fuel reading was 2.8 litres/100km. Which is 101 mpg, nice.

Anoyingly the V5 has it down as a Lupo S although I've email DVLA today to see how I can get that changed. Any advice welcome.

I bought the one that was advertised on Autotrader and picked it up yesterday. The 'wife' was thrilled to see two Lupo's on the drive. She was slightly confused actually. My 1.4 TDI is now on Autotrader if anyone fancies a really nice TDI.

I'm on a bit of a car downsizing movement at the moment having been very happy driving the TDI. My poor BMW E39 530d Touring has been sitting outside the house pretty much unused for the last month. The Lupo really is a car that you can do miles in. It is much louder than the E39 but that's to be expected.

First impressions on the 3L, softer ride than the 1.4 TDI but not much. All feels very high tech and a little exclusive. Driving it home from the dealer in Chesham which is 25 miles from where I live the average fuel reading was 2.8 litres/100km. Which is 101 mpg, nice.

Anoyingly the V5 has it down as a Lupo S although I've email DVLA today to see how I can get that changed. Any advice welcome.

start a readers ride on it, would be nice to see lots of photos

start a readers ride on it, would be nice to see lots of photos

This. And 101 mpg bloody hell!

It did look like a nice buy did that 3L!

Was a good price with low miles & one owner!

Get some pictures posted up, would be good to see some! Cheers Gav

Hi Silver! Yep that's my TDI. Near Thame. Hopefully got a chap coming to see it Saturday afternoon.

I've had a reply from the DVLA already about the 3L being listed as an S on the V5 and that should be easy to sort out.

The main difference about the 1.2 Tdi & 1.4 engine is that the 1.2 has an alloy block whereas the 1.4 is iron.

The 3L seems very genuine. Bought and collected new from Brussels by the first English owner in 2001. Transferred to his wife in 2011. Serviced by a VW dealer for all but the last service.

I'll stick the mpg that I get from each tank on here when I start driving it.