Broke my own record!

Paul

Hello :wave:

I haven't posted for a little while but I'm still here and driving my SDi :)

And today I managed to go further on a tank of diesel than I've previously managed. Until now I'd travelled 670.9 miles, but today I got to 703.2 miles before the fuel light came on. I re-filled her a few miles later (having covered 708.8 miles between fuel stops) and put in 38.34 litres so that's the tank and the expansion tank filled to the brim again.

I calculated the fuel economy and was amazed to see that it was 84.02mpg :D Not sure I can beat that record, although achieving 85mpg is my next target...

Nice one buddy! Must've been a right slow journey though!

Thanks! :)

You're telling me! In the last few days I've been overtaken by lorries, learners, and people towing caravans!

Are you James May?

Seriously though, the mpg challenge is tempting.

:D

• 1 month later...

your so money super market ! do you feel Epic ??? great MPG

According to my Scangauge I'm doing pretty much 70-72mpg to work each way every day in my remapped TDi.

Before I got it I was driving at pretty much the same speeds and only getting around 54mpg average on a fill up.

Now my fill ups are concurring at 68-70mpg average :D.

A trip from London to Birmingham saw 84mpg, best ever though there was a little bit of down hill neutral coasting and sad to say, a touch of safish distance lorry drafting involved :P.

Currently I'm at 450miles and the fuel light hasn't come on yet but I reckon it will in a mile or two.

How much further do you reckon I can go before I hit empty?

Do the SDi LUPO's have an OBD port under the ashtry to accept a scangauge or do they have a different more basic ECU?

Edited by CaneyJ

According to my Scangauge I'm doing pretty much 70-72mpg to work each way every day in my remapped TDi.

Before I got it I was driving at pretty much the same speeds and only getting around 54mpg average on a fill up.

Now my fill ups are concurring at 68-70mpg average :D.

A trip from London to Birmingham saw 84mpg, best ever though there was a little bit of down hill neutral coasting and sad to say, a touch of safish distance lorry drafting involved :P.

Currently I'm at 450miles and the fuel light hasn't come on yet but I reckon it will in a mile or two.

How much further do you reckon I can go before I hit empty?

Do the SDi LUPO's have an OBD port under the ashtry to accept a scangauge or do they have a different more basic ECU?

under ashtray. can i ask what they are like to set up? i really want one haha (assuming you have one)

my record is 60mpg on a full 38l tank. well i did 535 miles before i just had to pull in haha. i worked it out to be 60mpg. makes sense mind i do lots of city driving and motorway

Edited by James827

They are a piece of piss to setup, just plug in and go really. The obd port is hidden under the ashtray "tray" which just lifts out revealing the port. I've got a more basic scangauge-E for about 77 quid but I reckon it's already paid for itself. You can set it up to display 2 different things at one time such as real speed, average mpg, current mpg, engine temp, oil temp, boost pressure etc all taken from the ECU. It will even read fault codes.

Edited by CaneyJ

Only had my SDi for 3 weeks, but already seen 66 and 68mpg from each of the 2 tankfulls so far (current reading approaching 400miles with a quarter tank still to go), and not even started trying to max the mileage, other than not going nuts on the motorway commute. Just sticking to 65mph max

Previous car was a classic 900turbo Saab, with 210+horses, 250ish feet/lbs, and only ever managed a record 32mpg.... average was 24mpg

Loving this little car, altho am looking forward to us getting a VR6 Corrado plaything for the weekends

G