What changes will i notice with one of these?

Ashh

Seen them on quite a few peoples cars, just wondering exactly what will change... and its it worth the 190£ on a 75bhp 1.4 :)

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/volkswagen/vw-lupo/engine/enclosed-induction-kits/bmc-cda-enclosed-induction-kit-vw-lupo-1-4-16v-75hp.html

Please refrain from posting if you dont have anything serious to say... Thanks

For ages people raved about these on this forum, and I think that they are still considered to be the best induction kit for the Lupo GTI.

I've never fitted one or driven a car with one fitted but I've read that they make things sound 'nicer' as they add a sucking sound, but probably don't give any real performance gains, maybe 1-2BHP if you're lucky.

Hope that helps.

What do you mean smooth/mod the original one Mike?

Drilling and smoothing the inside of the lower airbox. (See my car thread for pictures of the drilling - I haven't smoothed mine) Cold air feed is often added round to the back of the airbox.

Jake,

airbox1.jpg

This is a pic of a sport airbox so it slightly differs to a GTI inside but you will get the idea.

The red area (not the central red circle) is where the holes need to be made if you want it like mine (10mm drill bit) and the green lines are the raised ridges that I broke off with plyers and sanded smooth .

Induction kits in general are a whaste of time and money on a nasp car imo

:huh:

ANYTHING that helps a car breathe cool air in better is a bonus.

They also sound good on the right car... click the the top link in my sig to see what I mean...

airbox1.jpg

This is a pic of a sport airbox so it slightly differs to a GTI inside but you will get the idea.

The red area (not the central red circle) is where the holes need to be made if you want it like mine (10mm drill bit) and the green lines are the raised ridges that I broke off with plyers and sanded smooth .

mike did that really make much difference?

i took the screwed in scoop part of my airbox out coz it looked like it was in the way of the filter if you get me. didnt make much difference, but then again i am running a standard filter from halfrauds lol.

so i put my bmc dia back on. i think it is a bit quicker accelerating though with it. tempted to try your idea though with maybe an itg filter.

Holy crap, it work haha. i took the airfilter off and removed the screwed in cone and drilled the holes where you said and i smothed the top of the airbox too :) acceleration is so better and it make such a good noise :rolleyes: im still using a stock air filter so i'm upgrading to a better one ;)

Holy crap, it work haha. i took the airfilter off and removed the screwed in cone and drilled the holes where you said and i smothed the top of the airbox too :) acceleration is so better and it make such a good noise :rolleyes: im still using a stock air filter so i'm upgrading to a better one ;)

Can you honestly say this wasnt just the Placebo effect? :huh:

I have magic pills that help * insert you illness here * take them three times a day and see the huge differences.