Unlikely engines to ever be put in a lupo or arosa

TheOriginalMk1Mike

our lupo at work (the vw cup lupo) is 1.9 tdi and is insanely fast

it has been a 2.0l gti from i think a mk2 golf in the past but being n/a wasn't as good as the tdi

now our future plans are to retire it from vw cup and thought about either a 2.0 tfsi from a mk5 golf gti or i think its 3.0 maybe 2.0l v6 tdi out of the a4's? it's all ideas at the moment tho

say what you want but we WILL make it fit :')

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has been a 2.0l gti from i think a mk2 golf in the past but being n/a wasn't as good as the tdi

now our future plans are to retire it from vw cup and thought about either a 2.0 tfsi from a mk5 golf gti or i think its 3.0 maybe 2.0l v6 tdi out of the a4's? it's all ideas at the moment tho

Any pic/info on this tdi? I assume its a PD?

That is something i'd love to do!

would be awesome to see that only problem is finding a engine that would fit in that space being mounted that way not much room in the bay that way tbf would be epic tho

• 2 weeks later...

I dont't know if this is the same one.. But it is also an insanely fast Lupo!

Here are mate. This nutter put a W12 engine into a lupo and made a load of videos for youtube, this is a list of most of them have a look: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=w12+lupo&aq=f

lol, how many times...... search on here

petar

Here are mate. This nutter put a W12 engine into a lupo and made a load of videos for youtube, this is a list of most of them have a look: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=w12+lupo&aq=f

And it's not a W12, it's a twin VR6. W12 is one engine, that has two.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, i currently have a 1.0 1999 seat arosa that has done around 110K

one of my friends in a couple of weeks time will have a new engine in his Ibiza GTI cupra, the old 2.0 8v engine in it still works and so im probably gonna be buying it off of him but i dont know how much for but should be pretty cheap and i was wandering how hard it would be to get it into my arosa and was wandering if anyone has done the same or knows anyone who has done it or has seen a build for it?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to see a TSI engine conversion... in fact, should I sell the Turbo and start again. Again? :lol:

Kawasaki ZZR 1100... ENGAGE!

Someone was part way through fitting one a few years back...

Serious?! My grandad has got that in his hillclimb single seater. This guy has gotta be more than mad

John_Deere_4039T_Used_Right.JPG

Anyone put a John Deere engine in a Lupo yet? :huh:

Challenge?....

Anyone ever tried putting the 2.3 v5 lump in? Yes, not as powerful as a turbo lump, but different...and with an interesting v5 warble?

Anyone?

Putting a 2.3 V5 would cost as much and take as much effort as putting a 2.8 / 3.2 VR6 in... therefore I doubt it'd ever get done.

I'd like to see a two stroke diesel engine'd lupo :)

This is way outta line like but if i cud i wud put a k20a engine from a ep3 civic type r lmao

Not ever likely tho...

This is way outta line like but if i cud i wud put a k20a engine from a ep3 civic type r lmao

Not ever likely tho...

Im sure there was a saxo down York with one of these (or maybe another model but still a vtec) in the boot, it was fairly quick too.

i heard some one planning on b16 vtec engine in. not only are you trying to put a jap wiring loom into a vag car. the engines sit opposite way round (engine on left gearbox on right) engine mounting would have to be swapped and gearlinkages.

i thought this was funny coming from someone who had just joined vag scene

I'm still waiting to see a TSI engine conversion... in fact, should I sell the Turbo and start again. Again? :lol:

Didn't Mitch put up a video of a 2.0TSI engined Lupo not too long ago?

Edited by IDGM