Unlikely engines to ever be put in a lupo or arosa

TheOriginalMk1Mike

Basicly iv been browsin through the club lupo page and i have heard people wanting to put rx7 engines, supercharged gti engines, ect sooo heres my random engine i know aint possable and i want to put the bugatti varon engine in my car. But what conversions can be done guys and how much have they cost??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT quattro was 225bhp =]

1.8T came in 150, 180, 200, 210 & 225

don't think there are any more!

150, 163, 180, 190, 210, 225, 240...

TT Mk1 Quattro Sport was a 240bhp.

I think a PD150 or a more modern 2.0TDI 170bhp would be about the best for a daily driver!

170bhp TDI's are a sh*t engine. a 140PD with a Hybrid turbo is a much more productive and reliable engine!

Edited by nfbr

You wouldnt want too big an engine, too heavy and youll be not only adding weight to the car but also ruining the handling dynamics. Id say a motorbike engine conversion would probably work well.

already in progress. one of the boys on here has been doing it, one litre screamer is his name im sure

i have a RX7 13b block sitting in my garage, is really light and compact. (actually smaller than the standard 1.0l engine). Dosnt work as ive blown the eccentric shaft, but if someone fancies using it to mock up engine mounts ;)

For FWD? lol

I've put a 1.6 8v in my 1.0e and have nearly got all the parts together for a turbo conversion, Got a k03 turbo, had a adapter plate made for the manifold and all the flanges for turbo and downpipe, Additional injector controller, knock link kit, additional injectors. just need a wide band lambda and a new sump to modifiy for the turbo drain. Should be finished early next year :) Watch this space !

Id love to do a 1.4 tfsi lump out the Golf gt, But theyre not going to be cheap to buy and im guessing it would be difficult compared to 20v, surely would be a first?

Yeah I'd love to do that too, looked into information about it, the engines a rather heavy lump and extremely tall. and like you say its got to be from a golf GT as the other VW's with a 1.4 tsi are single charger and not the double charger unit. But if were talking ridiculous engine transplants its got to be a w8 in the back. If Petar can make his twin vr6 Lupo work (and work very well at that) I'm sure someone given time/knowledge/money/space can make the W8 work. Probably would be a bit of a hippo, but id love to own one just for the shear spectacle of it!

Edited by tomnotrevo