SNOW

sam bignell

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched two reports on NEWS24 one after the other and both reporters made a massive deal of the temperature (in England) being a whole -2oC - like it was unheard of.

It's been -9oC here today; was -13.6oC on Christmas Eve (the night my heating froze up).

It was really interesting to watch the NEWS24 reports in the morning. Up until around 10:30-11 there wasn't single mention of Scotland at all. Then they acknowledged all the complaints they'd been getting in pointing out that the weather up here has been like that since the week before Christmas and we've just been getting on with it! :angry:

Edited by dxg

And to top it all the boiler's packed in.

Went downstairs to turn it off, and it's dead to the world. No errors showing, just stone cold (literally) dead.

Who wants to bet on my chances of getting an engineer out in this weather when countless other boilers will likely also have failed???

Feck! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

After two days off because the office was shut, we come in this morning to learn that the airport has turned off all heating!!! fkin brilliant! im sat hear shivering my testicals off! bbbrrrrrrrrrrr

£310 for the boiler manufacturer to come and look at it and that only covers the boiler, not the programmer or any of the other ancillaries

VRS insurance was paid yesterday = £400

GTI insurance to be paid in the next two weeks = another few hundred.

And to top it all, it's fecking snowing and fecking cold.

The main worry is the pipes freezing because - in this fantastic new build house - only the bits you can see are insulated! I wish I'd spotted that when the builder was still around...

And to top it all the boiler's packed in.

Went downstairs to turn it off, and it's dead to the world. No errors showing, just stone cold (literally) dead.

Who wants to bet on my chances of getting an engineer out in this weather when countless other boilers will likely also have failed???

Feck! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

im a heating engineer :D

I walked into work this morning... 2 miles took just over an hour.

I walked in too, and it took 20 minutes.

I'm the only one in the office - the phones are ringing and they're all being answered by minions from afar - they're also operating their computers, it's quite eerie!

Come down quite heavy this evening.

Reversing at my girlfriend's house, brakes locked and I slid into another car. New rear bumper needed for mine. ****ed off!

oh dear, youve not been very lucky lately have you. I ended up 3 wheels on the pavement last week, and was just sliding down the road, luckily missed all of the parked cars and the person walking their dog.. i havent been out since Tuesday in the car, wont be risking that again!!

We're supposed to be getting heavy snow from now until the morning. Only had a thin covering today.

Considering we were forecast non-stop snow from noon until 9am, we haven't had a flake. Same thing forecast today...

Our forecast was no snow between 9pm last night and 3pm this afternoon and then heavy snow this afternoon.

They were doing well until 9am this morning when it started snowing heavily for an hour... and again at midday. Beautiful blue skies now and the sun is out - will be surprised if we get snow at 3pm at this rate!

well the snow here is great! they have cleard most of the roads so you can just about drive around! been sledgin today which was well fun as the whole field is ice so its very fast! went sledgin all night last night till about 10pm in the dark! lovin it and were due more woop woop :lol::lol::lol:

We had alot of snow yesterday and I had to clear the garden so Charlie, aka diggog/ digwiginton could go outside.

However I went to put him out this morning and my efforts were in vain

07012010212.jpg

He's very good at making yellow and brown snow. I would hate to think how deep it would have been if i didn't clear the garden