Lupo Race Build

truCido

congrats on your win, does the champsionship go to other circuits other than castle coombe?

Thanks :) We're just at Combe at the moment, there have been talks of maybe doing a visit to another circuit but it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Great topic, I'm always up at the coombe saloons as I look after Carlton Williams mgzr and hopefully next year Nigel Marsh will make a return and will give Tony Hutchings and the Prebble boys a run for their money :) Will pop over and say hi next time

Ah yeah cool!! He's been going well this year. Good stuff, there seems to be a few extra cars already next year

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!

Could anyone suggest me suspension for my Lupo 1.8 turbo rollcaged race car? Maybe Bilstein Lupo Cup or KW Variant 3 (or Clubsport)?

This car was build for timeattack and circuit racing/

Thanx in advance

Thanks!! :)

I'm actually looking at suspension at the moment for mine and the cost of the KW's is really putting me off, they don't seem to do a clubsport package for the Lupo either.

I've been looking at a Bilstein setup with some custom springs which comes in at about half the price of the KW's....

Congratulations!

Could anyone suggest me suspension for my Lupo 1.8 turbo rollcaged race car? Maybe Bilstein Lupo Cup or KW Variant 3 (or Clubsport)?

This car was build for timeattack and circuit racing/

Thanx in advance

haha thats Will in the 106. It holds the lap record for our championship!!

it certainly looks a quick bit of kit :)

Sorry i didnt compliment you before but nice bit of driving on your part too :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd give a quick update. I don't have much planned over the winter apart from replacing the suspension with a Gaz Gold setup and also replacing my raceland manifold with a Ashley manifold. I've got to make a few mods to the car as next year we'll be carrying ballast if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I'll be selling the raceland I'm sure, as I got this today :D

lupo_manifold_zps7b191f83.jpg

Which manifold is this one? im looking into these at the mo but there some many choices and there is a huge price range.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess I'll summarise my winter changes :)

Late evening!

20130318_185007_zpse9cd19c9.jpg
New suspension vs old
20130113_142700_zps55391cb1.jpg
New Exhaust
lupo_manifold_zps7b191f83.jpg
And wrapped...
20130316_112340_zps65eb485b.jpg
New wishbones with Powerflex Black rear bushes and new ball joints
20130318_184219_zps53e2cdd4.jpg
First fitting of new suspension...rear springs a little bit big! lol
20130113_144907_zps2cd25bd0.jpg
New top mounts
20130227_184320_zps31cb72b3.jpg
H&R Anti roll bar
20130312_195459_zps43dbcee1.jpg
Oh and anyone thinking of Polybush bushes...not quite right!
Ideanote_20130318_221920_01-1-1_zpscbd5e
Edited by truCido

Went out for a bit of testing today and the car was going well. Felt much better through the corners...until I turned into a corner as normal and the car span for no reason...turns out it was on fire!!! Luckily I got waved down and it was put out. The power steering pipe was on the manifold and burnt through it and caught fire. There was power steering fluid everywhere so I must've slid on it.

20130328_181136_zps837854ce.jpg