Lupo Race Build

truCido

• 4 weeks later...

I dont mean to be picky but id have gone for a lightish colour like silver or grey, found it to be better in our rally cars.

Anyhow, looks good, should look pretty smart when everythings back in! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't posted for a while so got a few updates:

Fitted the new GTi doors and fitted my poly windows in, oh and gutted the doors, I hate cutting up perfectly good things lol:

2011-12-21145625.jpg

2011-12-21145641.jpg

2012-02-25150629.jpg

Fitted some more of the interior

2011-12-31145748.jpg

Fitted in some new lifters:

2011-12-29160051.jpg

Got some new discs and ds2500 pads and motul brake fluid from Badger5 :)

2012-03-07153813.jpg

The interiors mostly installed now just haven't got a pic of it yet!! I've sent my gearbox away to have some better ratios put in it, then just got to fit the brakelines and get it mapped again and we're all done :) First race on the 9th April!!

Just come across this thread for the first time, big respect for all the work and effort you've put in.... after reading about your first couple of races did a search on youtube and found this...

nice view of how close you get to being caught up in that shunt....

edit: by the way... who's the guy in the alfa that ALWAYS jump starts? haha

Edited by rjp1285

Just come across this thread for the first time, big respect for all the work and effort you've put in.... after reading about your first couple of races did a search on youtube and found this...

nice view of how close you get to being caught up in that shunt....

edit: by the way... who's the guy in the alfa that ALWAYS jump starts? haha

Thanks a lot! Yeah I did get pretty close, I saw a gap and darted for it!! The 2 guys behind me got collected by the Corsa :(

haha yeah thats Jamie, I wind him up about his starts all the time :P

Utter respect mate :) Just seen this thread for the first time :) The car has come a long way :)

Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

You did well at the race today dude! your start was brilliant, I was watching you the whole race then you disappeared, I saw you towed back to the pits after, what happened? :surprised:

Thanks :) It was going really well! I snapped the exhaust manifold where it joins the cat pipe :s I didn't think I'd knocked it so very strange....will put video and a quick write up in a bit!

Monday 9th April - Race Report

YouTube Video

First race of the season for a change!! I've never done the first race and I'd never done a wet race either...was dry the day before but unfortunately the forecast was right and it rained all Monday!! I went out for qualifying on a set of Yokohama AD08's and what a mistake that was, it was like I was driving on ice, no matter the speed I took a corner I was sideways which made things quite interesting. I qualified dead last with a time of 1:58:108 so I could only go forwards lol!!

After qualifying we noticed the front wheels were towing out for some reason so we lined them up a bit better by eye as I don't have a toe gauge and I also managed to get a set of Toyo T1R's brought from home (my old tyres) and got them fitted before the race. I got a good start and I moved up 8 cars in the first lap and another 3/4 on the second before Annie King span in front of me and my car seemed to copy lol!I managed to rejoin losing a few places and then on the way up Folly I had a good run alongside Paul Gardner but he didn't know I was there and came across me so I lifted and that sent me into a slide (fastest part of the track on a slight bend is not where you want to lift lol!!). So I lost a few more positions however I soon moved back up a few places but coming towards the Esses the exhaust started blowing massively so I pulled in and was towed back at the end of the race. Had a look under the car and the exhaust manifold had broken where it joins the cat pipe, which is strange but so far I'm assuming I must have knocked it somewhere.

Progress has definitely been made and the car feels a lot faster with the new gearbox, I was up to 3rd in class before I span and subsequently stopped, which is a great result! So I'm very happy with the car and hopefully next time I'll finish :)