The Weekend

pedro5190

It was a great weekend, mint cars and a good atmosphere....

just 1 thing that let it down was the ignorance of you guys, some of you were great and a good laugh, but the others were so ignorant, i dont know what it was but you liked to look down on people.. maybe it was because my car maybe wasnt as good as yours... but thats prob because im a full time cyclist with little money to spend on my car... im not some posh lovely person were your mummy and daddy buy you a brand new lupo gti for your sweet 16th or something.

Anyways who gives a **** about you guys... take it this way i wont be camping near you's or parking with you lot again... people warned me about you lot but thought id give it ago...

liam with the mk3 if you read this get intouch.

and the lad with the checkered roof lupo who came with his mate and gf, get intouch you guys were awsome....

and if anybody hasnt guessed who it is yet. its the guy with the yellow lupo on whitewall tyres...

keeping it real and driving on a shoestring...

its good to be different... peace

Sorry you feel that way about it - but I'm a little surprised you do to be honest.

The CL campsite was probably the friendliest group of people at Edition if you ask me! No one with attitudes or egos and certainly no ignorance that I was aware of?

What exactly happened to make you feel that way?

Sorry you feel that way about it - but I'm a little surprised you do to be honest.

The CL campsite was probably the friendliest group of people at Edition if you ask me! No one with attitudes or egos and certainly no ignorance that I was aware of?

What exactly happened to make you feel that way?

i met them at junction 15 me and my mate in my car... and they all just grouped up and just talked between thereselfs. so we were should there like cocks. no1 said hi, 1 girl asked to borrow my white spirits and thats it,

then over the weekend we was in the lupo camp and no1 spoke again, even when we walked past them through the day they didnt let on to us or say hi..

there were a few alright people though so im not sayin this about every1.. but to be honest i was quite disapointed...

No worries it was nice meeting you. It shouldn't be about what car you drive, and tbh your car is pretty cool, considering how much you can spend on it you've done a better job that a lot of people.

See you at another show :)

That is a shame you feel that way dude! I didn't camp with CL this year but every time I went over there they were very friendly and chatty!

Have to ask did you make the effort to talk to people?, I just go up and introduce my self to break the ice so to speak. I met quite a few people like Jamie and Liam who I know on here but never had met before and we all got on well and it was great to meet them.

You have to make the effort too!

I did see you loop and it looks cool :)

Edited by VWR Lupo

Cant comment on the friendliness of people as i never got the oppertunity to talk to anyone, wandered over to the camp a couple of times and no-one there :( Only person i goit to talk to was Chippa at the services beofre the leeds convoy (never saw you again after then dude), and he certainly wasnt ignorant. Oh and your car looked sweet mate, you drove past me next to my loop towards the end yesterday.

That is a shame you feel that way dude! I didn't camp with CL this year but every time I went over there they were very friendly and chatty!

Have to ask did you make the effort to talk to people?, I just go up and introduce my self to break the ice so to speak. I met quite a few people like Jamie and Liam who I know on here but never had met before and we all got on well and it was great to meet them.

You have to make the effort too!

I did see you loop and it looks cool :)

Agreed.

My first edition 38 was 2004 and I went there not knowing one person! As with pretty much every show I've ever been to, I turned up on my own with nothing but my car and my tent etc.

Within 2 minutes of arriving at club lupo's camping area, Two members of club lupo had introduced themselves and even gave me a beer and started building my tent (In pitch black at around 11pm).

That year I made loads of friends just by walking around the camp site, introducing myself and chatting to people!

In my years of experience, Club Lupo is one of the most friendly clubs that I know of hense why I'm still here supporting it, despite not having owned a lupo for three years!

I suppose everyone experiences different things in Different ways and I apologize on behalf of anyone who didn't get round to having a chat with you Sam.

Edited by nfbr

the lad with the checkered roof lupo who came with his mate and gf, get intouch you guys were awsome....

that would be me :D

Only person i goit to talk to was Chippa at the services beofre the leeds convoy (never saw you again after then dude), and he certainly wasnt ignorant.

ill talk to any1 me its the best way :D

Bit of an over reaction I think.

Lots of people already know each other, which is why they group together. They know each other by turning up to a meet alone and talking to people. You have to make the effort, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it isn't. That's life. I've heard people complain about similar things before, and generally it's because they were too quiet and didn't introduce themselves.

And try not to use the "Just because your daddy bought you a GTI at 16" card. It makes you sound like a prick. Nobody judges people on their car.

HAHA dont worry dude most of the lot are awsome just a few benders here an there :D

anyways guy hope we didnt keep u awake, was camped over the roadway from u. Kinda pumpin out the tunes till bout 4 in the mornin both nights ahha.

was good fun, kinda kept on stealing ryan with the mega clean RED 1.0l of u haha.

It was a great weekend, mint cars and a good atmosphere....

just 1 thing that let it down was the ignorance of you guys, some of you were great and a good laugh, but the others were so ignorant, i dont know what it was but you liked to look down on people.. maybe it was because my car maybe wasnt as good as yours... but thats prob because im a full time cyclist with little money to spend on my car... im not some posh lovely person were your mummy and daddy buy you a brand new lupo gti for your sweet 16th or something.

Anyways who gives a **** about you guys... take it this way i wont be camping near you's or parking with you lot again... people warned me about you lot but thought id give it ago...

liam with the mk3 if you read this get intouch.

and the lad with the checkered roof lupo who came with his mate and gf, get intouch you guys were awsome....

and if anybody hasnt guessed who it is yet. its the guy with the yellow lupo on whitewall tyres...

keeping it real and driving on a shoestring...

its good to be different... peace

that yellow lupo kicked asss! neearly made me buy some white walls!.....its a shame that cause i wanted to go down with CL aswell...but didnt in the end

i shouted club lupo fukin rocks wen i went past the stand and i thought i was gna get abused but they just laughed lol!....seemed alright...i will be going down with you guy (club lupo) next year

Edited by Eurosa

HAHA dont worry dude most of the lot are awsome just a few benders here an there :D

anyways guy hope we didnt keep u awake, was camped over the roadway from u. Kinda pumpin out the tunes till bout 4 in the mornin both nights ahha.

was good fun, kinda kept on stealing ryan with the mega clean RED 1.0l of u haha.

lol :D

I know what you mean about the looks you get asif your car is inferior. I get it at every show I go because it's either not aircooled, or that I don't immediately get my bucket and sponge out and clean the car for 4 hours. I never clean my car throughout the weekend. At Plymfest bout 25 watercooled. 4 cars didn't get washed, me and mates polo, and two rat look! The amount of looks we got was pathetic, like how dare he come into the show and shine arena and not clean his car, the bellend. I hate people who clean there cars at shows!!!

I didn't know anyone other than little Rich, but it seemed pretty friendly over where the Loop's were parked up. I didn't really make an effort to talk to people, which i regretted, but it wasn't as if i was sat in my car alone expecting people to come up to me.

Just chillax a bit more, comments like that won't get you anywhere.

Dirty looks if your not cleaning your car in show n shine? Pisses me off a treat seeing ****ters or dirty cars in show and shine!

As for the topic of the thread, sorry you feel that way, but i met alot of new people and they all seemed decent, but i always make an effort, did you?.....

Rich,

i too thought your car was cool! i didnt mean to press like on your post by the way as i think its straight up rude to be honest! sure there may be some people on the site like that, i am yet to meet one! but thats a bit off you saying all that stuff! did you go up and introduce yourself to people?

i understand where you are coming from and i can imagine if you have never met any one from the club before the cliquey ness could be a bit intimidating, but you need to remember many people may not have known who you were.

i am sorry you feel that way about the club. but like Al said, i thought your car was cool it reminded me of mine in the begining. i would have liked to talk to you!

never mind, maybe next time

1 girl asked to borrow my white spirits and thats it,

That would be me. And im not going to appologise on behalf of anyone. We don't need to. I feel i was more than polite and approachable when i asked to borrow your white stuff, and i even believe i commented on all your funny dirt graffiti before we went. You completely blanked me.

As for us being ignorant, its a case of six and two threes. If nobody made you feel welcome or introduced you, then its a simple matter of coming over, saying hi and introducing yourself! It says alot more about you as a person if you "put it right" so to speak there and then, as apposed to comming home and sitting at your computer and slag us off just like a keyboard warrior always does.

Now, you're saying we dont come across as very nice, what do you think your first post says about you?

I did ignore you...

The reason why. The first thing I was told about you when we arrived at Chieveley was you'd taken a dislike about something I'd said to you on the forum and had started bad mouthing me and calling me a prick to my friends before you'd even met me. I actually considered apologising about whatever I'd said to you until I searched for the post today and found your reaction to be unbelievably petty, lighten up and take a joke for god sake... especially when it wasn't even your post in the first place!

That coupled with the fact that you have just called all of the members of Club Lupo who you met (bar two) arrogant!

You don't deserve an apology from me nor will you get one!

Lay off the lad. He's sound.

Me and my friends all made an effort to talk to him and his friends, in the same way we made an effort to talk to pretty much everyone around us.

Best way to get involved is literally to just get talking to people. Shy bairns get no sweets and those who are fussy get no pussy!

We're all in it for the same thing - to have a laugh with our cars. Lighten up. It's getting sad how people are taking things so seriously.

this year was my first edition and i found everyone more than approachable especially dan who chose to polish my bonnet 4 times in the two days of the show :D

and also i never heard a crossed word against anyone's cars because it's not about that in the slightest everyone goes for a few beers and a catch up.

i loved the weekend and mark the sausage and bacon sarnies on sunday morning were imense lol

carnauba!!!!