Gift Ideas?

Sami_Jayne_R

A friend of mine is going traveling across Australia at the beginning of next month and I want to get her a little something to take with her.

I thought a compass, or a travel wallet, but have been beaten to it by others!

I was thinking maybe a little tool thing with gadgets and stuff on, but am worried it'll get taken off her as she's flying over.

Anyone have any unique ideas?

xx

My girlfriends sister is out there at the moment, I will text her and ask what she has used most, or what would be good if you like and then you know the present will be used and wanted ;)

she has been traveling half the world since may and does not come back till october so will give you good ideas.....if she texts me back (which she normaly does)

A friend of mine is going traveling across Australia at the beginning of next month and I want to get her a little something to take with her.

I was thinking maybe a little tool thing with gadgets and stuff on, but am worried it'll get taken off her as she's flying over.

xx

i got my mate an a5 scrapbook type thing, filled the first few pages with pictures and that from his leaving night

hes going to loads of different places though so it might not work so well for just one country

xx

If I was going to Australia I'd want one of those snake hook things to catch snakes with like Steve Irwin does. I don't like snakes. They bite me :(

text has been sent.....let you know what she says :)

thanks, at least that way i know she'll use it.

Or.. depending on how much you want to spend, these are pretty ace:

Freeloader - solar mobile phone charger

they look quite cool, i was thinking maybe something like that, or a wind up torch?

keep the suggestions coming! :D

My mate got back from traveling round Australier, sounded awsome!

From what he told me i would probably recommend a good liver!... not too sure you can give that to someone for a gift though?? Also lots or protection ;) whayyy

to be honest the thing you use most when travelling is plain old simple CASH monies, hardly exciting, but money is gonna come alot handier than a daft gadget thatl end up at the bottom of your backpack..

What better way to say you love her and want her to be happy...

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/inde...D=1251311163845

buy them an aquapack, keep their valubles dry up to 5m below the sea so they can keep their passport and cash with them when they go swimming or dry in a tropical storm. Main website here http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/index.html

though lots of diving shops sell them, waterproof pack with headphones is good for using your mp3 player in the pool too though I would stick with a meduim sized belt case in black which can be worn under the clothes. http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/belt-case-b...824-1653-0.html

824.jpg

Titanium mug and folding cutlery set if she’s camping?

UV portable water purification kit?

Australia prepaid sim card for her phone? http://www.simcardguru.co.uk/pay-as-you-go...e-sim-card.html

A back packing Australia guide book?

Right, she text me back and said-

travel pillow, warm jumper or hoodie (its really cold in some places), a good but small torch (without one you are lost), a 2litre water bottle if she is doing lots of walking, moisturiser as it is expensive there and you need loads and sun glasses as even when its raining its really bright.

Hope that gives you some ideas! :)