Sold My Lupo

BaileyVW

This is a bit of an irrelevant topic but, Ive just literally sold my lupo 10 minutes ago and i miss it already :(, why can a car do this to you lol... im gutted i need cheering up :( haha

anybody else emotionally attached like this or am i just being a fag? lol

I need my Lemon back in my Life :( haha

When I sold my Lupo Sport I didn't miss it one bit, although I do now miss the speed of it since I'm driving a 12v.

The only car I missed was when I sold my Polo Coupe S Weber 32/34 DMTL 1.3 8v. My oh my what a minter for a 20 year old car. Never had so much fun in all my life. I felt sad seeing it being driven away by someone else.

the GF aint too happy with me, she used to own the car before me and i told her someone was coming to view it last nite and she didnt speak too me all night, told her it sold today and she put the phone down lmao.. woot, im contemplating what to get next now tho after uni, loved the lupo, dunno whether to try a sport or go for a total change.

Want a g40 ideally but insurance at my age will rape me :)

IM feeling slight regret haha, yeah i know the feeling Kam, my lupo was off road for 2 month when the gearbox was buggered, and them months where killers haha, ah well i fancy a lupo sport hopefully some nifty ones will pop up for sale soon , but until then ill get the bike out :)

I know exactly how you feel, i sold my GTI in february and bought a TT roadster as i've always wanted one. 5 months down the line and i've sold the TTR and i'm back in Loop-de-ville, they have so much character and are great fun to drive. So i say you should buy your old one back before it is to late! (tell the new owner there is a major problem with it and you would like it back as you are an honest guy lol)

I missed mine loads at first, I didn't dislike the Audi but it was just the same as any other A3 on the road, now I'm starting to put my mark on it, I like it as much as I did the Lupo.

i wish i could ring the person back adam and get it but he lives miles away haha id end up having to pay more to get it back :P lol... im sure if i was to get another lupo ill fall in love again haha ( sounds gay but yeah.)

Edited by BaileyVW

I think the only way i would get rid of the Loop is if i was offered a mint Passat estate desiel, or the perfect Jap car. That will only happen when i age and can afford the insurance.

So will the weekly repair bills and MOT test fails each year lol.

Meh - I drove g40s daily for 70,000-80,000 miles and 7 years. Other than routine servicing and 2 charger services the costs were the same as any other car and i've had 2 break downs. Nothing major gone really, 1 was a relay (£20) and the other was a coil (£35).

G40s only breakdown if you buy a cheap car and don't bother maintaining it IMO.

Lupos with crap gearboxes, pedal boxes etc - just as bad for repair bills, not to mention the 1.4 16v bottom ends!

So will the weekly repair bills and MOT test fails each year lol.

Mine flew through it's MOT. Had more problems with my Lupo

If the previous owner (not Rae) not kicked it's head in everywhere it wouldn't have had half the problems it did have.

It's a car I genuinely miss and I will have another.

G40s only breakdown if you buy a cheap car and don't bother maintaining it IMO.

The problem is most people don't know how to maintain them and take them to ****ty back street garages who put the wrong oil in and generally don't have a clue!

If i was to get a G i rekon id maintain it well tbf, my mate dan has a G and hes a proper pervert over it, everything has to be tip top 100% VAG and he keeps it well, i rekon id turn like that if i had a G like his haha its awesome :). wouldnt mind getting a cheapo and rebuilding it back to perfection haha :D... with the expertise of my mate.

Edited by BaileyVW

If i was to get a G i rekon id maintain it well tbf, my mate dan has a G and hes a proper pervert over it, everything has to be tip top 100% VAG and he keeps it well, i rekon id turn like that if i had a G like his haha its awesome :). wouldnt mind getting a cheapo and rebuilding it back to perfection haha :D... with the expertise of my mate.

Lol... mine wasn't dubbed the Money Pit for nothing. They are easy to work on but G40 specific parts are rare and often quite expensive.