Private Plates

Putney

Private plates  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Private plates are another good way of personalising your car, whether it be simple plates (like mine) which just have your initials, or it spells your name, or something about your car (my sister has S9OLO on a Polo)

Even the company vans have private plates, but I hate the ones which are totally misrepresented to try and spell something.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like private reg plates, but not ones that are mane to look like something they are not.

I still have mine from the Arosa, L9MPG, its on retention though, not sure what im doing with my car at the moment so its not going on the C5 for the time being. The reg means nothing to me, but i quite like it, people know its my car (ive found sometimes thats not a good thing!), its a 5 didgit number and i like the MPG part.

Thought it was a good idea to take it off the arosa, although it took a lot of running about and faffing on to get it on retention.

I bought my dad a 50 plate with his initials for his 50th Birthday, I'm not sure it was a good prezzie or not!

I saw X5 BWW on an x5 yesterday, took a second look to tell the difference between BMW and BWW

Think private plates are a necessity tbh.

I have C9 GMG on the Golf and fancy purchasing a NI "GEZ" reg real soon

My sis has S9OLO (on a Polo obv)

My best mate has N33LLF (Polo GTi) and N333LLF (quad bike) for Neil F

There are loads more, no point going on but they do enhance the visual aspect of a car if chosen carefully!

Iv got B19JOW for big jo w or big jow. Prob guess i get called joe and im 6' 4" and the w is for Wallace. Was bidding on jor84n and got out bid in the last seconds of the auction and it only wen for £800. Gutted. Think plates are cool to an extent. only problem is people always know when you get a new car???? And also it costs £80 and a whole lot of time and waiting to get them transfered. Gotta love the dvla. As for miss spaced plates. Dont understand why people dont you just get what they want it to say rather than sticking bolts and space where they arnt allowed.

Apart from the annoying misrepresentation that goes on, I really like the really expensive cars that have the cheap £245 DVLA offerings or are doctored. They wouldn't wear a fake Rolex, so why skimp on the plate?

I saw V8 NJK (I presume) made to look like V8 NIK on a Ferrari on Monday. The J was reversed and shortened. Sad loser.

I'm toying with the idea of buying another 'R' plate, but they are about a grand more than we paid for 2466 R. I could make a cheeky offer though in these cash strapped times we live in.

Edited by IDGM

Iv got B19JOW for big jo w or big jow. Prob guess i get called joe and im 6' 4" and the w is for Wallace. Was bidding on jor84n and got out bid in the last seconds of the auction and it only wen for £800. Gutted. Think plates are cool to an extent. only problem is people always know when you get a new car???? And also it costs £80 and a whole lot of time and waiting to get them transfered. Gotta love the dvla. As for miss spaced plates. Dont understand why people dont you just get what they want it to say rather than sticking bolts and space where they arnt allowed.

I always think your name looks rude

i think if there names naahh

but sommat like RH52 SJH (them ones are finee and fairly cheap)

but ones like what i wanted to have when i was dreamin lol

:S

S4MMY ( 60k) :o silly i think lol