Private Plates

Putney

Private plates  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've gone off plates. I bought X25 MAX for £1000 4 years ago when I got the vx but looking back with older eyes I should have bought a watch or something. I don't mind the good ones like MCT 205, one of my favourites is still that TVR with BAD 541T (4 made to look like a 'H' obviously).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means Lee Ryan. I always loved Blue!

...but it doesn't say Lee Ryan, and I was concerned that you had a thing for our HR Manager as her name is in fact Lee Ryan, it says L222 RYN.

:kiss:

Guest Lauryn
...but it doesn't say Lee Ryan, and I was concerned that you had a thing for our HR Manager as her name is in fact Lee Ryan, it says L222 RYN.

:kiss:

It sure does Ray :)

I think they're good when they don't need to be illegally spaced. One of the best I saw a few years ago was on some Mazda sports car and was B101OGY but it's a different story when you see a baby blue Bentley Continental Cabrio with something like OH BOY for the registration.

The worst culprit was a couple of weeks ago on the way to work... a white R8 with a variation of P1ss off for a registration. I feel people like that should be driving a ten year old BMW, not an £80K Audi.

I like them - but agree with others about illegal spacing etc.

Mine was free - actually we maybe made money on it!!! It was on my friends scrapper of a Fiat Uno and we took it off her hands, transferred the plate, then scrapped it!

(LHS is my initials ;) )

GAY!!

Mine's possibly the best ive seen, only the 3 ruins it.

Every other plate out there sucks, unless it has the persons initials like Linz's for example.

Its one of the most annoying things on the road.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Those of you posting abuse or insults - stop or we'll be forced to hand out bans & warnings. Can I remind you of why the general chat forum was removed before?

Those of you on the receiving end of the insults - perhaps some consideration of posts before you hit the submit button would be a good idea as there must be a reason that insults/comments are directed at particular members. Consideration of others perceptions would be a good idea.

I'll leave this thread open but if it starts again, I'll be handing out suspensions.

Guest Lauryn
GAY!!

Mine's possibly the best ive seen, only the 3 ruins it.

Every other plate out there sucks, unless it has the persons initials like Linz's for example.

Its one of the most annoying things on the road.

Aye, but yours is only relevant to a Lupo really. Are you going to put it on all the cars you own? I think it would look a bit odd on a non Lupo! I like my plate because to me it relates to my name (whether it is spaced illegal or not), and I can put it on every car I own. Win!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Those of you posting abuse or insults - stop or we'll be forced to hand out bans & warnings. Can I remind you of why the general chat forum was removed before?

Those of you on the receiving end of the insults - perhaps some consideration of posts before you hit the submit button would be a good idea as there must be a reason that insults/comments are directed at particular members. Consideration of others perceptions would be a good idea.

I'll leave this thread open but if it starts again, I'll be handing out suspensions.

I can't see any abuse in here Nick?

I'm yay! I don't have one, but i'd like to get one at some point, no rush. But i'd get my initials or something relating to me, I wouldn't get one relating to my car as it might not relate to the car I get next.. There are some really cool plates about though, like the DUB ones! B)

And Clairey Fairey your plate is good but it relates to a Lupo, you're not going to have that car for the rest of your life are you? lol Be a waste of money for when you get a new car, you can't really keep it and carry it over imo..

Edited by Emz

People that try and make it look like the cars name, illegally space them, or try and make their own name deserve to be shot in the face quite frankly. Its one of the most annoying things on the road.

If L3 UPO doesn't adhere to the above I'm a pink flamingo.

pink_flamingo2.jpg

Better get that gun lined up deary!

;)

Guest Lauryn
If L3 UPO doesn't adhere to the above I'm a pink flamingo.

pink_flamingo2.jpg

Better get that gun lined up deary!

;)

I thought that too but couldnt be bothered writing yet another post :P

think its on hold now... the mrs is having a paddy she thinks its a waste of money! :(

I want to buy L555 RYN as its the last plate of that kind left (ie L*** RYN) but I have no second car to put it on atm, wanna use that? lol

what does LSSSRYN mean? :confused:

that is what a 5 is used for, to represent an S.

The only problem with non age defying ones is that now i cant put my plate P4NRY on any car older than 1996. They are eye catching at the end of the day, saw V FA5T on a vanquish the other week and it completely caught my attention before i even saw the car (was spaced out as above though so technically illegal).

In summary:

Good points: Hide age of car, yours for life to personalise your car

Bad points: People misrepresent them and it looks sh*t, cost a lot for what they are, people know who you are from your plate - people in work with my dad always say "ahh is that your son with the low black ibiza"

The only problem with non age defying ones is that now i cant put my plate P4NRY on any car older than 1996. They are eye catching at the end of the day, saw V FA5T on a vanquish the other week and it completely caught my attention before i even saw the car (was spaced out as above though so technically illegal).

In summary:

Good points: Hide age of car, yours for life to personalise your car

Bad points: People misrepresent them and it looks sh*t, cost a lot for what they are, people know who you are from your plate - people in work with my dad always say "ahh is that your son with the low black ibiza"

your plate is pointless though, it spells something different to what it's supposed to say. who is PANRY?

and you said you can't put your plate on a car older than 1996. what you meant was that you can't put your plate on a car "younger" than 1996.

Edited by Adam K