Things to do at work

al3x kay

I sadly never run out of work... and I don't sit at a desk all day, my car is GPS trackered, I have constant phone calls from my office and my start and finish times for jobs and for my working day are all tracked and logged by my PDA so there really is no hope of me doing anything I shouldn't be!

:(

Im a bar supervisor and if theres no work to do i stand and watch one of the tvs at the end of the bar which ussually has Sky Sports, Setanta or channel Dave on. If there is work to do i delegate and get someone else to do it ;)

Read the BBC and catch up on what's happening in the world!

Admittedly, that's only used as a last resort - before that happens I can generally be found wandering the office seeing if there's anything I can help with. :lol:

It's a difficult one. A couple of people got laid off last week as they said they had run out of work by 1pm everyday. So I definitely won't be saying that any time soon. I have work to do but I'm not as busy as I used to be. I'm taking MUCH more time over jobs and spreading them out with games of Solitare, Spider Solitare, Minesweeper, Hearts, Freecell and the odd game of Pinball.

Can't go on the internet it's all tracked and timed. We did have a paper planes game once built into an excel file. Thought that was fine however it transpired it talked to a web site every game to see how far up your high score was. That nearly got us bollocked but they couldn't find out what we were doing so we played dumb.

So i'm up for suggestions of what to do to fill my days also.

go for a drive on the fork truck then find more work to do but its not often i have a min to fool about

In theory my work in Lidl is meant 2 be the most fast-paced store in retail, with loads to be doing, but I occasionally find my self on short -breaks, usually playing wit the cctv catching thieves etc

I would wonder, if you have no work to do at work, why not try and find a job that provides a challenge?

I think as much as the people who have busy jobs might whinge, deep down we enjoy them. As hard as mine can be at times it's also pretty rewarding, and you learn a lot of the basics of law and forensic stuff, you also gain a lot of people skills... LOL.

I would wonder, if you have no work to do at work, why not try and find a job that provides a challenge?

I think as much as the people who have busy jobs might whinge, deep down we enjoy them. As hard as mine can be at times it's also pretty rewarding, and you learn a lot of the basics of law and forensic stuff, you also gain a lot of people skills... LOL.

i hate time off i start to sleep lots more feel tired all the time i was going off my head over xmas and i seem to get ill when i have been off work for a few days like flu and bugs

when i work i am never really sick only get a bad back from time to time

i like been busy at work as i feel like a spare part if there's nothing for me to do

Exactly, I like being busy, helps the day go by quicker and you feel like you've earnt your keep. We have to work as a team and we all have to pull our weight so people don't get pissed off. It can be stressful but I enjoy the pressure of my job.