Ross' Moon GTI

cafcross

Update 01/03/10

Well a little update today. Got my new rear bumper back last Monday, excellent colour match. Got my rear arches rolled and pulled slightly too. Running 5mm spacers on the rears with the Monos now, so et20. I want to go wider, but funds aren't allowing me atm. Put the wheels back on too and gave the car a wash. I still need to polish the other 3 wheels up, but getting there for UD.

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

Also I got some new plates as my others were still marked from my accident back in April.

IMG_0993.jpg

I still want to go a bit lower, but as said above funds are tight, and to go lower at the front arch work and a chassis notch would be required, and extensive arch work at the rears to get the stance right. Roll on summer and my bonus!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks so right wub.gif.

Had the tracking sorted today.

IMG_1002.jpg

Was out by 19mm :lol: All nice and straight now, drives so much better. Also the natural negative camber on the front is at just over 1.5 degrees on the nearside, and just over 2 degrees on the offside :D

Oh, and who needs professional spray booths? :lol:

IMG_0996.jpg

Finished spraying the mirror caps and fitted them on the car. Not bad for a rattle can jobby methinks...

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Just had one of the Kosovan car washers at Tesco ask me if I wanted my car washed when it's shiny as ****. Nice one mate! Just gotta give it a good detail next week now!

Gave it a good detail today ready for UD.

I snow foamed and then washed with Zymol Auto Wash. Then clayed (you won't believe the crap I got off the boot and rear window, as well as the lower part of the doors). The I used some Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection, followed by a couple of coats of Collonite 476s wax and some AG Vinyl and Rubber Care on the plastics, and waxed the wheels and treated the tyres with some Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

Just need to give the interior a quick going over as I gave it a thorough clean last week, do the door shuts and give it a quick wash and coat of wax before I leave on Saturday morning. Oh, and the hungover wash and wax on Sunday morning at 8am...fun!

Just some quick pics...no shine because of the lack of sun!

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few pics of my car from UD, including one some random guy in a 6N Polo took on the way back that I love.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

HPIM0475.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_0475-2.jpg

Also took this yesterday which is one of my fave pics of my car.

IMG_1210.jpg

Then last night I pulled into the girlfriend's road and a cat run out in front of me. I don't know why but I swerved and clipped a kerb. At first I thought it was just the front wheel that I caught, but in the daylight today I saw that I caught the back too. The damage...

Front

IMG_1211.jpg

Rear

IMG_1214.jpg

Hopefully some wet and dry and a lot of autosol can get them back to good. Just a few little things need to be done now to tidy things up, mainly on the inside, including getting my passenger wing resprayed after a stone took a nice little chip out of it on the way to Telford on Saturday. Not good for me atm!