Ross' Moon GTI

cafcross

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I have a dilemma.

The coilovers have been sorted, so it's bang on how I want it. However I want to drive it, not poodle around in it!

Do I keep the wheels and just drive it fast in a straight line, or sell the wheels, whack the Bathursts back on in anthracite and fast-road it (which all my mates are telling me to do as that's what they're into).

Decisions decisions....

Those wheels do look pimp

i saw this up at prept, looks awesome! lovely looking lupo if i must say B)

the wheels suit it brilliantly so i'd be inclined to keep them on. why not stick the barthursts on and do some track days to release your desire for speed? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Well I sold the wheels to Crash today. New rubber going on the rears of the Bathursts, with a re-furb coming their way very soon. Ordering an exhaust after the weekend....probably going for a Janspeed cat back.

Then who knows.....?????

• 2 months later...

MAJOR UPDATE....

Well I sold the wheels and bought some Yoko S-Drives for the rear Bathursts. Brilliant tyres and cheaper than Proxes T1-Rs. During this time I went to the 'Ring and got the fast road itch, so I ordered up a Scorpion cat back from Venom, but they're the middle men and it's Scorpion who send the exhaust out. Scorpion UK were waiting on an order from Scorpion Europe. A month passed and no luck so I got a refund.

Days passed of endless thread reading on Edition 38 and here, loads of pretty pictures etc. So I bit the bullet and just purchased these...

IMG_0661.jpg

Compomotive TH-Monos in black with a polished face. 15x8s for those of you that don't know, with some Falken Ziex ZE912 rubber wrapped around them in 195/45/15s for a nice little stretch. Picking them up from Rimstyle tomorrow, and I have to say thanks to Gary there for helping me.

Cheers chaps. Put them on this afternoon and gave the Lupo it's first wash in nearly 2 weeks....I'm starting to slack!

Needs some 5mm spacers on the rears imo due to the wider arches, and maybe some camber shims. Arches need rolling on the fronts too and may take the arch liners out....it's already scraping when turning!

Anyways here's some pics...

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Time to start on the interior next after sorting out the stance...

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers chaps.

Had a play with the arches on Monday. Did as much as we could without properly rolling them. Still catches a little bit and I've pulled some nice strands of rubber off my rear tyres. Tried some 15mm spacers on the rears but were a little too big. Need some poke at the rear tbh. May have to raise it a little bit at the back to do so though which I'm not happy about...but some 5mm spacers will probably be the only option as 10mm will mean longer bolts and a new set of locking wheels nuts.

Here's some pics from the Havoc Mega Meet last Sunday...

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

8735_152857821622_508961622_2856934.jpg

8735_152857831622_508961622_2856936.jpg

9933_153451078203_133844828203_2706.jpg

Cheers.

Spacers will have to wait a little bit what with Xmas coming up and then the girlfriend's birthday on Jan 2nd, then MOT at the end of January!

Had new rear glass fitted today as the original was somehow scratched to buggery...

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

And the obligatory Club Lupo sticker...

IMG_0820.jpg

Plus a random one from the other night...

IMG_0816.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Stripped the rear today to make way for something going in on Thursday :ph34r:

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Don't know the exact weight, but leather rear bench and seatbelts are gone, along with the parcel shelf and rear floor mats. Keeping the door cards and plastics in to make it look tidy. Definitely feels a bit quicker, and has solved the rubbing issues on the rear apart for large bumps and dips.